• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MAGPUL rifle slings

pawprint2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2012
For you guys using MAGPUL rifle slings, are they as good as they look? Everything I have from MAGPUL is great, have they hit another "home-run"?

It does its job but its nothing to write home about, in the sense its not a game changer like the pmag. I don't know the name but I'm using the 1pt adjustable with their "proprietary" clip. For the price you can't go wrong. The only thing I dislike is the need to use there back plate on the lower. However they do make the same sling with a qd lock.

We have these on our rifles at work and everyone likes them. I have not noted any problems or complaints on them

I only have one. I have the MS3 with single QD swivel. No issues with it. I like the single QD versus the dual because I can switch it to a one point with ease.

I've been using the MS4 sling with qd swivels and I like it a lot. 1 or 2 point carry and single point allows easy movement from right to left shoulder shooting. Only thing I wish was better was the slack adjustment loop. It's not very quick and takes some tugging to get it to move. That's the one thing I miss about the Vickers sling I had, the pull tab that was really quick adjust.

I switched from my VTAC sling to an MS1, mostly because I am too short for the VTAC, and with the padding cant adjust it short enough. The MS1 is a lot more simple, bit if I was 6" id take the VTAC over the MS1 anyday because of how snug it can get.

All slings suck, some just suck less for your intended application.

Magpul, while they make some great stuff I cannot say their slings are a "game changer" just like mentioned above. I tend to stick to my Vtac which I prefer over my Vickers over the Magpul that I've tried. They all have pluses and minuses.

I just picked up a MS1 to try out, haven't had any "hang time" with it yet. I do like the slider over the VCAS though, quicker to locate and it's lower profile. I will be using QD points on an AR first then may try the hooks on it for the AI. Quality is just as good as a VCAS, the material seems a tad softer. On a bolt gun, I pretty much need two adjustment lengths, hasty/normal shoulder carry, then enough length to run it out for cross sling. Quick and easy and may end up using the MS1 for the bolt-or just stick to the old GI one.

Last edited:
I've been using the MS4 sling with qd swivels and I like it a lot. 1 or 2 point carry and single point allows easy movement from right to left shoulder shooting. Only thing I wish was better was the slack adjustment loop. It's not very quick and takes some tugging to get it to move. That's the one thing I miss about the Vickers sling I had, the pull tab that was really quick adjust.

Exactly.