• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Stock Query

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Okay guys,

I have searched high and low and everywhere in between without any luck on this subject and I have had ZERO luck finding anything, so I'm hoping that someone here may have some insight.

I have a like new complete AR-15 lower that I have been considering selling because it has been sitting idle in the safe for YEARS and I need fundage for other projects! I can price the thing nearly to the dollar...except for one @#$% thing. The lower has a early, Magpul M93A stock, buttpad, strike plate and HK sling loop like this one, except black instead of OD:

ar33n.jpg

Anybody have any ideas, guesses, shots-in-the-dark as to what the value of this stock is???

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Re: Magpul Stock Query

I've seen them go for over $300.00 on ebay. Every once in a while one pops up. Usually people I saw just sold the stock, listed it around $200 and there was usually a minor bidding war that ensued. If it was me, I wouldn't take any less than the price of a new magpul UBR stock.

Most people I think would just buy a new UBR, but I've run into a small collection of guys who just love this stock and it was and is still their favorite. ERGO falcon industries bought the rights to this stock from magpul and are producing it now. Not totally sure, but from some detailed pics I have found it doesn't seem to be quite as refined cosmetically as the magpul version and the plastic has kind of a cheaper looking swirl to it. But it is half the price.

I remember hearing a guy complaining on one of the forums that the strike plates for these are getting hard to find. I would imagine since yours is complete, you won't have any problem getting a good return for it.

Thanks for that info. I checked Gunbroker, eGay, and some of the other "usual suspect" sites and didn't turn anything up.

Here is a pic of the actual the complete setup I will be looking to sell once I decide on a price for it...it started life as a complete RRA NM lower with 2-stage NM trigger and was upgraded to a Magpul MIAD (full kit with all the spare parts), and the Magpul M93A with all accessories (and spare parts).

2dkmpv.jpg

ORD, unfortunately they're discontinued. I really liked these stocks and they are sooo hard to find, good luck and if i run into one, I'll let you know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ORD, unfortunately they're discontinued. I really liked these stocks and they are sooo hard to find, good luck and if i run into one, I'll let you know.
</div></div>

Hey Scott...I don't NEED one...I am going to be getting RID of the one pictured (as a package with this lower).
wink.gif

There is another company that has bought the design but I cant remember who it is off the top of my head. I dont think the new company has started producing them yet, but with SHOT coming up they may reintroduce them there.

Ergo is making them...but in the M93B configuration which looks a bit different than these earlier production models. The FoxPro F93 (or something like that) is the new name and they are licensed through Magpul to make them.

damn, maybe i should learn to read better. sorry ORD..... if you find someone who just wants it without the stock, let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn, maybe i should learn to read better. sorry ORD..... if you find someone who just wants it without the stock, let me know. </div></div>

Yes, sir...I'll absolutely let you know if nobody wants the complete lower as is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didnt realize that there was that much difference between the B's and the A's.

</div></div>

Structurally, they were pretty similar. It is more or less the appearance of the stock (the M93/A/A2 stocks didn't have the smoother lines of the 93B).