• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul stocks

Hogshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2003
Powhatan, Va
I currently have a Magpul M93A2 carbine stock with strike plate on a 18" AR. I am thinking about replacing it with a Magpul PRS stock. If I replace it, is there a market for these discontinued M93 stocks and if so can anyone give me a idea of what to list it for ? I have no idea of what they origially sold for since I was not the original purchaser....thanks

Re: Magpul stocks

I sold mine about a year and a half ago on Flea bay. I got 125.00 or so, as I recall. I thought I'd have to put it into a historical display or something. I actually found the box and instructions! Good luck, JPG

They originally sold right around $200-$220 IIRC ..

The market for them is somewhat limited by the fact that the UBR is available that does the same thing with a better design and that Falcon Industries makes the F93 stock for around $150

Ergo Grip F93 Pro Stock

Thanks for the replys. That F93 stock looks identical except that it uses the stock buffer tube.

There ARE people who highly prize these stocks and will pay good money for them (enough that you can likely swap for a PRS without any money out of pocket at all). The eBay market brings $300 or so for these stocks in good conditions with accessories like the strike plate.

You might try PMing member Scottmilk9 and see if he is interested in buying it. I inquired about the value on these stocks so that I could price a complete lower with an M93 installed a while back and Scott was interested in the stock if I sold it seperately.

Look in the EE on ARFCOM for ones that have been sold ...it's not uncommon to see these go for $200+.

Keep in mind you need a rifle length buffer tube and spring to run the PRS, but I like my PRS on my Del Ton, and on my Bushy.

Depending on the type of shooting you're going to be doing, you might consider the fact that the cheek rest on the PRS doesn't lend itself to real good head position for an AR. It doesn't sit far enough forward on the stock, especially if you shoot NTCH. I also don't like the flat bottom for shooting off a bag. With no angle, small aiming adjustmenst are less convenient. It's also on the heavy side. I'm considering switching from my PRS to an A2 (on my AR10).
I'd try to find a rifle that has one, and see if you can shoot a few rounds to see if you really like it.
JMO

Steel,
Thanks for the input on the PRS. I have not gotten behind one as of yet. I have two rifles with CTRs on them and for their intended purpose they work fine. The M93 is on a suppressed varmint rig currently. I am going to swap out the lower with one with a CTR and see how it feels on that rifle. I am thinking the PRS may be heavier than I want for that rifles purpose. I may end up keeping the M93 if the balance doesn't feel right.

The M93 series were a great stock, if you got all the parts and pieces you should easily get a couple of bills for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I currently have a Magpul M93A2 carbine stock with strike plate on a 18" AR. I am thinking about replacing it with a Magpul PRS stock. If I replace it, is there a market for these discontinued M93 stocks and if so can anyone give me a idea of what to list it for ? I have no idea of what they origially sold for since I was not the original purchaser....thanks </div></div>

The M93A2 is an earlier model and slightly differs from the "more available" M93B models. You have a prototype to a prototype. I'm not sure if that makes them more valuable or not. I have three of the "B" models and paid around $250 for each. Added value comes in if you have all the correct mounting hardware (shims, claws, clips...) as well as the accessories such as strike plates, sling loops and butt pads. The "holy grail" is the little QD sling plate. One of my M93B's has this and I've only seen one other. Quite rare.

Colors don't seem to bring any price difference. Black, FDE and OD are the most popular. Earlier FDE was actually a bit darker than FDE available today. Like a tan rather than a sand color. I can provide pics if you like... Just ask.

Hope this helps.