• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maine Secretary of State, a Non-Attorney, Makes Legal Ruling Striking Trump from Ballot Based on YouTube Videos

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows unilaterally ruled that former President Donald Trump is unqualified to appear on the 2024 primary ballot despite lacking a law degree and substituting YouTube videos for due process.

Bellows, who previously worked as Executive Director of the Maine Chapter of the ACLU but is not an attorney and did not attend law school, made the legal conclusion in her ruling that “the declaration on [Trump’s] candidate consent form is false because he is not qualified to hold the office of the President under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment.”

The secretary of state, a Democrat whose social media is littered with photos of President Joe Biden, justified her ruling based on Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment’s “Insurrection Clause.” The statute has never been used to disqualify a president from the ballot and has generally been understood not to apply to the office of the president, although left-leaning plaintiffs have sued across the country in long-shot hopes of keeping Trump from appearing on primary ballots.

Bellows’ ruling that Trump engaged in the crime of insurrection comes despite Trump having never been convicted of that — or any other — crime, or even been charged in court with the crime of insurrection. He was acquitted by the U.S. Senate of charges of engaging in insurrection and continues to deny wrongdoing.

Her decision has met with widespread scrutiny.

CNN senior legal analyst Elie Honig said Thursday on Anderson Cooper 360 that Bellows’ decision to bar Trump from the ballot was based on “YouTube clips, news reports” and “things that would never pass the bar in normal court.”

While acknowledging the case is “legally unknown territory” — the Supreme Court has never ruled on Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment — the alarmed Honig argued that Trump has a good case that he did not receive due process.
“Were the processes, were the hearings fair?” he asked. “Did they comport with due process?”
He continued, “They heard from one fact witness, a law professor. [Bellows] based her ruling on a lot of documents, but also YouTube clips, news reports, things that would never pass the bar in normal court.”

She stated that she read the Constitution and the article and fully understands it therefore removing Trump from the ballet. Man she must be smart ........ Dumb asses like this could spark a civil war so easily which this shit hole needs a good douche anyways.

She should be arrested and charged and removed from her S of S position immediately. I 100% disagree w/ the Colorado SC decision, but at least it was the state's SC. This is fucking insanity. I keep waiting to wake up from this crazy ass dream but apparently it's real.

She should be arrested and charged and removed from her S of S position immediately. I 100% disagree w/ the Colorado SC decision, but at least it was the state's SC. This is fucking insanity. I keep waiting to wake up from this crazy ass dream but apparently it's real.
How is it you agree with Colorado SC .
If the Constitution is Law ;
One is innocent until proven guilty .
Guaranteed a trial by a Jury of their peers .
Guaranteed the Right of Due Process under the Law .

If you've read the 14th Amendment you would understand that fundamentally , contextually and " In intent " was directly written for the Civil War .
It even had a date of Revocation .
It's all there for anyone to read . Due Process , all of the trial rights and requisites and the 14th Amendment . It's fact .

How is it you agree with Colorado SC .
If the Constitution is Law ;
One is innocent until proven guilty .
Guaranteed a trial by a Jury of their peers .
Guaranteed the Right of Due Process under the Law .

If you've read the 14th Amendment you would understand that fundamentally , contextually and " In intent " was directly written for the Civil War .
It even had a date of Revocation .
It's all there for anyone to read . Due Process , all of the trial rights and requisites and the 14th Amendment . It's fact .
He disagrees.

I mean if the Patriot Groups don't get their shit together they won't be able to get their brotherhood out of prison with a pardon......

Me after misreading Jefe's Dope's response .
retard-biden.gif
Click on it for full Autism .

I'm not counting Maine or Colorado votes anyway, but the nonsense has to stop before the rest of the turds fall in line.

If these fuckers think words hurt, they have never felt fists or lead.

Last edited:
This is why you don't go down this banana republic road. It's too easy to interpret something to fit your goal if you want to and now both sides can do this and just get the other off the ballet. There's plenty of states like mine (AL) that will say "ok, two can play this game" so I feel sure either scotus will end this or congress will because it will blow things up so quickly

Vote harder......I'm sure it will work next time......

Doc