• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Major Dick Culver's M40 on YouTube!

USMCSGT0331

🔫
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2013
    Minnesota
    www.snipershide.com
    Well, gentlemen, Rob just finished his first video with this astonishing rifle! This M40 is extremely rare and historically significant, which makes this a very unique YouTube video (I don't think there's any other YouTube videos showing a review of an original M40)! Rob does an amazing job shooting and explaining each shot. The shots that are close in (100 yards to 400 yards) have a hold under, the zero distance is 500 yards and the further shots (600 yards to 700+ yards) have a hold over. Rob even shows the target with a reticle overlay that shows his approximate reticle hold position. This is the perfect way to convey how the USMC Scout Snipers in Vietnam were making their shots at various distances.

This is just the first M40 video, we're currently working on a second video that will have some more shooting, a breakdown of all the parts on the rifle (including some nice close-up shots so that the viewer can see everything Rob is discussing in detail), and hopefully an interview with the president of the Scout Sniper Association (Tim Parkhurst)! We decided to split the videos, since some people will only be interested in the shooting, and others will enjoy the more technical aspects and parts breakdown.

The M40 series if sniper rifles has been with the Marine Corps for about 57 years, and it's time is finally coming to an end. Unfortunately, the Scout Sniper 0317 MOS is also being removed from the Corps. These M40 videos are a salute to this legendary rifle and to those who used it! We will eventually film the rest of the M40xx series, but we also want to balance the channel with other interesting rifles in order to keep things interesting. The Scout Sniper Association has also asked for copies of all our M40xx videos to add to their Scout Sniper archives so that this information can be preserved for future generations.

We really hope that you guys like this video and please stay tuned for the follow-up M40 video! I'm also sending Rob a mystery rifle this week, he got to pick out the M40, so now it's my turn to pick out a rifle! Once he wraps up the 2nd M40 video, he'll have a new rifle in hand and he can start filming asap. We're not filming any of the rifles on a linear time-line in which they were issued, so we'll be jumping around between vintage rifles and modern rifles. You guys have seen some of the rifles in my collection, so feel free to let us know if there's a specific rifle you'd like to see and we'll try to make any requests a priority for filming!

I'm trying to get guns out to Rob as fast as he can film them, but we also want to keep the content high quality, so filming/editing can take some time to do. Also, Rob's channel is NOT monetized, everything we're doing comes out of our own pockets, we don't make a single penny off of these videos. We make these videos because we enjoy it! It's a great opportunity to preserve and share this American military history, instead of just letting these rifles gather dust while hidden away is some long forgotten collection. We hope you guys are enjoying the videos as much as we are!

signal-2023-03-18-11-35-34-007-1.jpg

signal-2023-03-18-11-37-01-688-1.jpg

signal-2023-03-18-11-38-31-186-1.jpg

signal-2023-03-18-11-38-41-879-1.jpg

signal-2023-03-22-18-19-58-821.jpg

signal-2023-03-22-18-20-10-148.jpg

Last edited:
    That’s way cool was on Dick and Gloria’s forum for years I learned a lot good people. They were instrumental at Camp Perry.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

That’s way cool was on Dick and Gloria’s forum for years I learned a lot good people. They were instrumental at Camp Perry.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I used to hang out on Jouster as well, good times! I never met Major Culver, but I've met Gloria in person and had talked to her for years over the phone. I lost contact with her a while back, but I still have her number. Wonder how she's been, hopefully she's still around. She's pretty old and she had me make a run to the store for a few cartons of cigarettes. Very nice lady and she always had awesome stories!

Reactions: MigKiller
    I used to hang out on Jouster as well, good times! I never met Major Culver, but I've met Gloria in person and had talked to her for years over the phone. I lost contact with her a while back, but I still have her number. Wonder how she's been, hopefully she's still around. She's pretty old and she had me make a run to the store for a few cartons of cigarettes. Very nice lady and she always had awesome stories!
    They were definitely pioneers and I loved that forum the good ole days!🇺🇸