• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Major league Rifle Basix trigger problem.

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
I have a Savage FP10 staggered feed pre accu trigger .308 rifle with a Rifle Basix trigger. This is an old (2000 vintage) model of the Rfile Basix SAV-1 that is not made anymore. It is way different from the current SAV-1. Anyway, I have my rifle apart for bedding and DBM install and for no particlar reason decided to check my trigger pull. Now, when I installed this trigger years ago, I set it at 2.5 lbs. It has always performed very well and (at least I thought) consistent. Well, when I checked it with my pull gauge it was like 3.5 lbs. But it gets worse, each time I checked it the weight is different. Anywhere from 3-4 lbs and anywhere in between. It's not my guage, as I checked it on my Remy 700 and it is very consistent. I've looked over the entire trigger assembly and can't figure it out. Anyone who is familiar with this trigger knows that there's not much to it. When I installed it originally I red loctited all the adjustment screws and they have not budged. I reset the trigger pull to 2.5 lbs., but the weight is still all over the place. Different each time I guage it. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Re: Major league Rifle Basix trigger problem.

Take the rifle out of the stock, use a Sharpie pen to colour the trigger well, reinstall the stock, tighten and remove carefully. You are looking for pressure contact on the trigger housing.

Good luck.