• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MAK tube gun thoughts and questions!

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Hi guys,

I held a MAK tube last evening and even had my PMII mounted for a short period,

I really liked the set up and all,

so here is my question.

I would like to set up a MAK for a long Rem 700 action and a 30-06 shooting Amax bullets,

what magasine will work for this, the short action MAK uses Accuracy International 308 Win magasines, so what magasin from them will work with the 30-06 round.

Best regards Chris

Re: MAK tube gun thoughts and questions!

Probably the single stack AI 5 round magazines for the 300 Win Mag. That's what Gary Eliseo uses for his RTM tube gun kit.

Re: MAK tube gun thoughts and questions!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oh_heck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably the single stack AI 5 round magazines for the 300 Win Mag. That's what Gary Eliseo uses for his RTM tube gun kit. </div></div>

Yes I did notice that in a article at 6mmbr.com about that rifle and then I read something about it in German Salazars blogg,

I sort feel an alure to the 30-06 round, I belive that it will do great things with a long barrel and the 180 Bergers or 208 A-max in hunting.

I guess I would also have a second ( and third) barrel in 6,5-06 for shooting in comps and field target.

Thank you all for your replys.

Best regards Chris