• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Makarov type pistols? Should i even consider it?

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
Im a big surplus guns fan, i dont own but one, but i love the looks and feel of them. I want a mosin, but then i found this little guy on AIM. .45 ammo is killing me, and this 9x18 makarov ammo is cheap as hell, and available near me also, so i could get ammo easily and cheaply. Question is, what to expect out of these guns? My life wont depend on it, im gonna use it for range plinking and practice.

example im mostly talking about:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=104

Re: Makarov type pistols? Should i even consider it?

I had one for about a year, it was a fun little plinker. The 9x18 round is like .380 on steroids. Recoil is snappy and I found the gun to be very accurate to about 20 yards. The magazine release is a little clumsy, not going to be a rapid reload type of gun. I found a few holsters for them and the mags are pretty cheap. Not bad for 200 bucks. Just my 2 cents... YMMV

I bought a couple CZ 82s from a buddy of mine. Both shoot VERY nice! They have a natural "pointablity" to em. I haven't been able to shoot them much, but from what I've done so far, I'd be inclined to carry either in certain situations. They're a little big and heavy for what they are, but for a plinker they are great.

Aaron

cz 82 is a great choice my wife has a feg pa-63 that started out as a home gunsmithing project shoots very well i use range pick up 9mm luger brass and trim it down and shoot cast bullets http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=112&category=5&secondary=&keywords= we go through 1 500 count box every 6 months or so after owning it even though originally i bought it for 120.00 i wouldnt trade it for a brand new xdm
its something that you just have to own to get a apreciation for

i like my CZ82 also...shoots very accurate and is a very easy clean up job...