• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Make your own databook Part 2: Rite in Rain

tip2oo3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2010
SE Ohio
I started with making my own databook with general supplies gathered at Staples to start on the cheap.

Now that I have a good idea of what i wanted out of my databook, I have upgraded to some new supplies. What I needed was something weather resistant and contained the pages I need for my training.
Supplies:
1. One Pack of Rite in the Rain Tactical Copier Paper. I obtained mine through ebay for around $30 for 200 sheets.
2. Franklin Covey binder cover. Ordered directly from Franklin Covey's website under the clearance section. $3.00 before shipping costs.
GEDC0689.jpg

Step 1: I printed off databook pages provided by www.shootingvoodoo.com and Hooper Ordnance (LTR David is original source for the Hooper files) They are both formatted to print two data cards per 8.5x11 sheet.

Step 2: Ran to the Zerox machine and inserted the RIR paper into the copier. Using the printouts from the website I made copies unto the RIR paper. I reinserted the papers after the first copy to have print on both sides.
Note: Do not attempt to use an ink-jet printer on the RIR paper. The ink will not adhere to the paper. You need to copy or laser-print these.

Step:3 Cut the 8.5x11 sheets in half and punched holes.
Step:4 Insert pages.
GEDC0691.jpg

A big thanks to shootingvoodoo, TriggerMonkey, Hooper Ordnance and LTR David to have these resources available for us DIY'ers

Also I am in no way trying to detract from the awesome hide vendors who provide these books for you guys, This is my way of doing things and it works for me. If you want the best pre-made books support your hide sponsors!

Get out of the shot silly dog!
GEDC0694.jpg

Re: Make your own databook Part 2: Rite in Rain

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchinOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the cover come with the binder/rings? </div></div>
Yes it does.

I just did the same thing a week or so ago with the same binder. 12 bucks shipped for 2 of them is a smokin deal. I printed out pages from both the shootingvoodoo site and oregon shooters if I remember correctly, and kind of mixed and matched to what I thought I would want. I printed it on heavy card stock for now, the kind that they sell for making greeting cards, it has a crease in it already to fold it into 5.5"x8.5" sheets which makes it easy to cut straight. Once I get ahold of a laser printer I'll have to get some of the rite in the rain paper too.

Nice but I would rather support Mark from Storm Tactical every single day out of the week..