• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maker of customAR15 barrel needed

Nodak

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2019
North Dakota
I am wanting a ar15 barrel but it needs to be 9mm with the barrel extention like normal. Anyone know of a maker that won't break the bank or am I better off using a normal AR9 barrel and have a barrel extention added?

I’d check with Craddock Precision.

Going to do a DI 9mm upper?

Check out Mos-tek barrels. They have a ton of options, including DI 9mm barrels. @TonyTheTiger seems to like them- mos-tek that is.

Not DI. I've always wanted a bolt action 9mm and doing a straight pull AR upper seems to be my best bet at this time. I just need basically a AR9 barrel with gas port but with a big bore type extension to mate with the 5.45x39 bolt head I have. I already have a BCA right side charging upper sitting here. I'll swap the bolt head, mount a barrel and use the absolute lightest buffer spring possible or non at all. I'm sure it'll work fine. Just need a barrel. I did look at CMMG RDB barrel but when I asked they said the extension was "special" for their bolt. Not sure I believe it but they're the maker so they should know.

Check out Mos-tek barrels. They have a ton of options, including DI 9mm barrels. @TonyTheTiger seems to like them- mos-tek that is.
I do indeed. If you follow them on socials you'll see they definitely don't shy away from custom projects. Can't speak to the price of such things, but I bet they'll do it.

Mos-Tek looks like an interesting option. I priced out one at 320 but with needing no gas port and less barrel machining it may or may not come down. I'll call them today.

I did look at CMMG RDB barrel but when I asked they said the extension was "special" for their bolt. Not sure I believe it but they're the maker so they should know.
RDB bolt is just regular 556 bolts with slanted cuts at the locking surfaces. The barrel extension is the regular 556 extension with a single 9mm feeding ramp cut into it. What kind of lower do you want to use? As long as you have a regular AR15 lower (with ARC mag) or a dedicated CMMG lower for pistol mags it will work

I believe CMMG sells the RDB barrel and BCG as a set. I also think (please do check with them) that their BCG can accept other bolts to make the action non blow back.

RDB bolt is just regular 556 bolts with slanted cuts at the locking surfaces. The barrel extension is the regular 556 extension with a single 9mm feeding ramp cut into it. What kind of lower do you want to use? As long as you have a regular AR15 lower (with ARC mag) or a dedicated CMMG lower for pistol mags it will work

I believe CMMG sells the RDB barrel and BCG as a set. I also think (please do check with them) that their BCG can accept other bolts to make the action non blow back.
I was thinking their barrel would work. My assumption was that what they called modified extention was just the feed ramp. Good part is the barrel is available separate but bad news is its backorder with no ETA. I am using my AR15 lower and CMMG guard version Endomag inserts, possibly modded for 20rnd PMags. I like the 20 better. Ounce I get it flowing nice I'll assemble a dedicated lower with a low weight target style trigger. For now I just want to confirm feasibility and function

Paul from Craddock Precision called me back tonight and we had a great conversation. He's a true gentleman patriot. He is going to do up one or two barrels for me so I may be shooting sooner than I had hoped. That's good because up here in ND it's going to get cold and snowy next month already.

FCS, thanks for the help finding them. I have more odd ideas I may have Paul help with in the future also.