• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Making 6mm Creedmoor from 243 Win?

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Title says it all, I sold my 243 and picked up a 6 Creed and now have quite a bit of 243 brass and a growing number of 6 Creed brass.

Is is possible / worth it to resize from 243 to 6 Creed?

If anyone has done it, I'd love to hear what you've done to make it work. I assume I would need to at least trim the necks before resizing.

Not quite what you are looking for. First it is fully possible. I made 6x47 Lapua out of my old 260 Remington. Had about 50% success rate without crinckling the shoulder. Yours would be higher success because you aren’t going as far. For me it was a no brainer. These cases were going to recycle if I didn’t try. Also at the time the only 6x47 cases were from Lapua at 1.10 per case. Personally I don’t think i would do it with all the 1x fired cases available.

David

Certainly it’s possible. Why one would punish themselves doing it is another matter. Quality brass lasts a long time. Amortized over many firings, each piece ends up costing less than your individual powder charge. If you’re really good, cheaper than your primers. Why punish yourself. More time shooting, less time loading.

Trim it short and run it through your die it should be even easier than making it into 6.5.

I made a lot of Creed brass from FGMM and LC 308 brass back when H was the only game in town. Always good idea to have options on the table, these good days won’t last forever.

This guy seems to have an easy process.

Thanks guys, I've got like 100 rounds of 6 CM brass and probably 200+ of 243 Win so I figure I'd double my brass (not 100% uniform headstamp but I'll load those for varmints).

Maybe I'll sort the 243 brass I have and put it up for sale.