• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Making a civilian M16A4

teddy12b

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2008
Hello,
I've been looking into what I can find for a civilian version of the M16A4. I've looked at the colt 6700 and the bushmaster target rifles. I do live on a budjet and can't go too crazy here either.
I want the rifle to have a flash suppresor, free float foreend, and a flattop, but more importantly I want the rifle to actually shoot under 1" @ 100. I'd prefer the rifle to shoot between 3/4" to 1/2" if possible.
For now I'm leaning towards the bushmaster, because I don't want to go through the hassle & cost of getting the barrel of the colt threaded when a bushmaster already has it on there. I know there are guys on here more knowledgeable than I am, so I'm asking for guidance.
I'm going to use the rifle at the shooting range only. I can't hunt with it or anything like that. I'd appreciate all the helpful advice from you guys. If anyone already has one setup, I'd love to see some pictures.

Re: Making a civilian M16A4

Try www.adcofirearms.com (complete uppers/rifle uppers)
adco.jpg

All of the above uppers should be sub-moa with the right ammo.

I have a MK12 MOD0 SPR and Recce that shoot sub all day.
IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

I'm surprised more guys don't have rifles setup like an M16A4. is it just the M4 craze that has everyone's attention these days?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK,

Is your Doctor Optic on backwards?</div></div>
Yes it is...it's how I roll
grin.gif

I loaned a member the rifle while I was on an "extended vacation" and got it back in retard configuration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK,

grin.gif

I loaned a member the rifle while I was on an "extended vacation" and got it back in retard configuration. </div></div>

We prefer to think of Karl as "special".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I loaned a member the rifle while I was on an "extended vacation" and got it back in retard configuration. </div></div>

ROFL....did you ask him what the hell he was doing with it in suicide mode?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK,

grin.gif

I loaned a member the rifle while I was on an "extended vacation" and got it back in retard configuration. </div></div>

We prefer to think of Karl as "special". </div></div>
Special indeed
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ROFL....did you ask him what the hell he was doing with it in suicide mode?</div></div>
What's probably most amusing, is I didn't even notice it for a long-long time since I don't even use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teddy12b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want the rifle to have a flash suppresor, free float foreend, and a flattop, but more importantly I want the rifle to actually shoot under 1" @ 100. </div></div>

That shouldn't be too difficult. I have a Bushy HBAR 1:9 that shoots sub-moa with a standard handguard. I can't wait to get a free-float on it and see what it will shoot.It's a total mutt rifle built on a Stag lower with a surplus M16 BCG. It does have a rather nice RRA 2-stage trigger.

I have much confidence that you can put together an A4 clone that will accomplish your accuracy goals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK,

grin.gif

We prefer to think of Karl as "special". </div></div>
Special indeed
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ROFL....did you ask him what the hell he was doing with it in suicide mode?</div></div>
What's probably most amusing, is I didn't even notice it for a long-long time since I don't even use it. </div></div>

Hey...It seemed like the thing to do at the time. I'm sure I had a really good reason to set it up that way.

- Loud

Just to point something out if you want an actual M16A4 clone, you dont want to get the FF tube. The A4s have the knights handguards. But if you are going for accuracy and by M16A4 you mean a 20 inch barrel and flat top upper, then go for it. It shouldnt be hard to get 1 MOA out of it. Thought id add that i wasnt being a smart ass or anything when i posted this. Also that HK picture is pretty funny to me, youd think that they would catch something like that