• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

making creedmoor brass

spradley

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2012
Leeds, Alabama
Been experimenting with making Creedmoor brass with varying success. Even though 260 brass is more rare it seems to bake the best Creedmoor however I've experimented with necking up 243 after reading it could be done however I've only succeeded in crushing the shoulder down creating a wrinkle..

Also read 22-250 works well but have not tried it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

btw, I realize Hornady has Creedmoor brass in stock.. I'm just experimenting.

thanks

Re: making creedmoor brass

where did you get it or would you be willing to sell some?
When you say work what is involved since it's already Creedmoor?

thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GarySpradley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where did you get it or would you be willing to sell some?
When you say work what is involved since it's already Creedmoor?

thanks</div></div>

he means that he's making 6.5 Creed brass from Lake City 7.62 NATO

I'm guessing this brass has been annealed thus easier to form?
Where can I purchase it?

thanks for the help

all bottleneck rifle brass is annealed, some is just polished after...

there are several online sources for unfired (preferred) or once fired LC brass

is there a caliber you can use to make creedmoor brass that wont have to be neck turned? i'd like to make some using lapua brass but everyone who posts up says they have to neck turn thier brass after forming

260 Brass works great (in my Creedmoor).. problem is it's more rare than Creedmoor brass.

yeah that was one of the factors in deciding to go creedmoor istead of 260

I've never done what y'all are talking about and I'm not familiar with the going rates on 260 brass, but I did run across this batch of Nosler Custom blemished 260 cases this morning after reading this thread - LINK. Hope it helps.

260 Brass is expensive when you can find it. Fortunately 260 Brass can be made easily from 7mm-08 which is easy to find and cheap.