• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Making gear changes on my turn out bag.

Dugan290

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2018
Good morning hide! This post is going to include a little bit of excitement, along with a question or two. After doing a bunch of research, and saving pennies, I believe my next pack purchase finally has some light at the end of the tunnel!

I am planning to acquire the Eberlestock G3 Phantom. Because as it sits now I am currently using an Eagle Industries Hybrid Shooting mat and rifle case/drag bag combo. My tripod is just floating around the in the back-seat area of my vehicle, and my Ghillie is currently being housed in a British Army / Royal Marine Rucksack. So needless to say, if I have to grab and go…. Its not happening all that quick.

My hopes are to have all of the following items in ONE pack: rifle, ghillie, binos, hog saddle tripod set up, along with all of the other random items for work. Does anyone foresee this being an issue? I know they make larger packs. However, I am looking for one that can get the job done well, have a little extra room, but not over kill. I am not planning to carry three days of food and supplies in this pack.

Next question, from researching the Eagle Industries shooting mat and rifle case/drag bag combo. I have noticed these are no longer being produced. On one particular eBay listing, it had an astronomical price tag. Are these really worth that much now? I was looking to off load it, to offset the cost of the new pack.

I just got a phantom pack off a member here for $200 shipped.

not bragging or anything, i'm just saying it helps to ask around and you can find some good deals! I should have it tomorrow! I'm using it for PRS matches.

I just got a phantom pack off a member here for $200 shipped.

not bragging or anything, i'm just saying it helps to ask around and you can find some good deals! I should have it tomorrow! I'm using it for PRS matches.
Well its probably a great thing you found the pack before i did, lol! Because I would have tried to snag it myself for that price! Now if you happen to hate the pack... Id totally work out a deal with you

haha he wasn't openly selling it. I posted a WTB ad.

he did modify the scabbard and doesn't have the butt stock cover part for it. so it might not have worked out well for what you are doing. but still i couldn't pass on $200 for a $400 pack

haha he wasn't openly selling it. I posted a WTB ad.

he did modify the scabbard and doesn't have the butt stock cover part for it. so it might not have worked out well for what you are doing. but still i couldn't pass on $200 for a $400 pack
Hell no, thats always difficult to pass on. Especially since you could always acquire a new butt stock cover.

Reactions: Olen_4504
Get yourself a Mystery Ranch Overload. It's a weapons carry pack. The main compartment unstraps from the top and sides of the frame to fold forward allowing you to strap you rifle onto the back of the frame. Unlike the Eberlestock weapons pack it actually holds it tight to the frame and the main compartment straps tightly around it with cinch straps and your load doesn't flop all around.

It's got molle on the sides where you can attach a tripod scabbard, or you can just rig your tripod up into the compression straps and maybe add one more strap or two just to secure it, or you can strap it to the bottom. That leave you with the entire 2990 cu. in. compartment for all of your other gear.

It's expensive but it's the last pack you'll ever buy and is so comfortable and easy on your back when carry heavy gear.

Get yourself a Mystery Ranch Overload. It's a weapons carry pack. The main compartment unstraps from the top and sides of the frame to fold forward allowing you to strap you rifle onto the back of the frame. Unlike the Eberlestock weapons pack it actually holds it tight to the frame and the main compartment straps tightly around it with cinch straps and your load doesn't flop all around.

It's got molle on the sides where you can attach a tripod scabbard, or you can just rig your tripod up into the compression straps and maybe add one more strap or two just to secure it, or you can strap it to the bottom. That leave you with the entire 2990 cu. in. compartment for all of your other gear.

It's expensive but it's the last pack you'll ever buy and is so comfortable and easy on your back when carry heavy gear.

I've looked at Mystery ranch, and while it does offer some different options for carry. Mainly when it comes to the size of the object wedged between the pack and harness. I don't think it would be conducive for a rapid deployment situation. Which is the main objective for me in acquiring this pack. That plus the extreme price difference is also a factor.

I've looked at Mystery ranch, and while it does offer some different options for carry. Mainly when it comes to the size of the object wedged between the pack and harness. I don't think it would be conducive for a rapid deployment situation. Which is the main objective for me in acquiring this pack. That plus the extreme price difference is also a factor.

I've had a few of those eagle hybrid drag bags that you're using. Unbuckling the compartment on the Mystery Ranch and folding it out of the way and unbuckling the rifle is a little faster than deploying the rifle from the drag bag since you have to unbuckle even more straps and fold out two portions of the pack. I can have my rifle deployed in less than 30 seconds with ease starting with the pack on my back and the chest and belt harnesses buckled.

At $725 retail it's no more expensive than the two pieces of gear you're using now. The build quality blows Eagle and Eberlestock out of the water too, and I also know that they offer a mil/LE discount.

I've had a few of those eagle hybrid drag bags that you're using. Unbuckling the compartment on the Mystery Ranch and folding it out of the way and unbuckling the rifle is a little faster than deploying the rifle from the drag bag since you have to unbuckle even more straps and fold out two portions of the pack. I can have my rifle deployed in less than 30 seconds with ease starting with the pack on my back and the chest and belt harnesses buckled.

At $725 retail it's no more expensive than the two pieces of gear you're using now. The build quality blows Eagle and Eberlestock out of the water too, and I also know that they offer a mil/LE discount.

going to send you a private message