• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Making it in the NHL... Ah ha ah ahha hah aha ahh a.....

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
1589497885630.png

@Sean the Nailer ... I'll defer to your expertise here but doesn't 'making it in the NHL' give one the financial resources to buy a Hyundai Elantra and pay half the rent to share a flat in Winnipeg with a Goalie named Kreblach?

Cheers,

Sirhr

What’s your missing for all who don’t make it is the love of the sport is like no other. Hockey players are the best and most humble athletes in sports. It’s not about the pay day but game day. I’m one of the ones who didn’t make it, no farther then college level for me but have been playing for almost 40 years and I still feel like a kid every time I get on the ice with my teammates. NHL is a class of athlete that stands alone those guys are rare breeds not just on the ice. Biased opinion but it’s mine.

Player salaries have gone up over the last decade, they make enough to afford a Genesis now. Our football players are still driving Pinto's and living on the streets though.

Was in Denver for a wedding about a decade ago and the avs we’re playing the wings while there. A few of us bought some tickets off the street and went , the Pepsi center was a good place to watch a game. Every time we travel always look if there’s a game to go to in a different city, good times never care who the teams are.

Hockey plays 80 + games per season
Basketball 80+ games
Baseball 162+ games

Football 16+ games

Which fans are getting their monies worth?

Reactions: Carlos Danger