• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Malware warning?

Re: Malware warning?

There should not be warning we removed the malware yesterday and Google fixed it ...

Empty your cache

But I will check to see if the hacker came back.

Just don't click an ad

As of Noon this afternoon

Screen-Shot-2012-12-25-at-12.02.06-PM.png

The site is clean...

Don't be alarmed folks...what looked to be a malicious hack was nothing more than the ATF/DHS doing a routine tracking code installation...to protect the members of this site from terrorists threats. Please excuse any inconvenience this may have caused. Nothing to see here, move along...move along.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There should not be warning we removed the malware yesterday and Google fixed it ...

Empty your cache

But I will check to see if the hacker came back.

Just don't click an ad </div></div>

When I clicked on earlier,Google Chrome said there was,but,my ESET Nod32 AV said it was clean,so I just overrode Chrome
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you empty your cache ?

Was Chrome just playing back the last remembered page ?

My Chrome is not flagging and Google shows it is clear ... </div></div>

I'm running Firefox w/ Avast! and received the Malicious Attack Page warning earlier today. I cleared out my cache and I'm still getting the warning (~10:30 CST)......

I looked and Firefox uses Google's reporting. Google continues to show clear there is no issue despite what your browser says. We know what was infected, it was in the ad zones and it was cleared, and double checked, then rescanned by Google, and cleared. ( you have to specifically request and show clear it is not automatic and they scan the entire site)

Firefox may not have cycled the info, but I assure you the site was clear, I was up until 11:30 working it making sure, plus the server guys did as well. We take this beyond serious and spent Christmas Eve confirming it was safe.

It's a false return or just a holdover from yesterday.

During the issue, Google explained the malware was not from Snipershide but a third party site. If you blew threw the warning, all the ads with malware links were flagged and easily avoided. Unless you just couldn't help yourself.

I'm running Firefox. No issues at all today but I auto clear the cache.

My firefox is blocking all the ads on the site today. Have cleared my cache multiple times and still get the warning. I just ignore it, but the ads are all shown blocked. FYI.

Me too, emptied cache and still sayin "attack site" But I'll take Frank's word and presume that firefox hasn't got the message yet.

Looking it up, if FireFox has not cleared the warning from it;s database you can do the following to remove the warning

First ensure that the warnings do not exist in another browser, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari. (Google has cleared it) If not, then perform the following :

On Windows:

1. Exit Firefox completely - there should be no Firefox browsers running
2. Do a windows search and search for the file name urlclassifier3.sqlite, make sure the option to search on hidden files is selected
3. Delete any of the urlclassifier3.sqlite files
4. Do the same search for urlclassifier2.sqlite
5. Restart Firefox

On Mac OSX:

2. If on a Mac, navigate to <user>/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/<profile folder>/ and delete the urlclassifier2.sqlite and/or urlclassifier3.sqlite file.
3. Restart Firefox

W/ all that info it's amazing you have any room for marksmanship. Impressive! Perhaps someone is moonlighting for the "geek squad"?
grin.gif

Lowlight - I think some of the issues may be coming from the DTA ammo link. I had to switch to my forensics box just to click it. It appears to be attempting to inject code into the browser. I am getting an IP of 207.32.180.203 for that site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: peaceatwar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight - I think some of the issues may be coming from the DTA ammo link. I had to switch to my forensics box just to click it. It appears to be attempting to inject code into the browser. I am getting an IP of 207.32.180.203 for that site. </div></div>

wtg

my sponsors squares off to the side have the firefox red box for reported attack page..damn hackers

There is nothing wrong with the DTA Ammo link, and it wasn't hacked that way.

They simply dropped in a "zone" ammendment code, which would affect every banner in the area, because it was a "zone" redirect.

There was NO VIRUS put in SH, it was link to a malicious page that means, if you clicked on the ad it didn't take you to the ad designation but to the page where the actual malware was stored.

There was no Malware installed on SH, but a link to a Site that hosted Malware.

As I have stated SEVERAL TIMES now, we cleaned the code, and then had to specifically request GOOGLE (this is who Firefox uses too) to scan the site and they do not clear you unless it scans clean. That was accomplished.

With the holiday, someone at Firefox is probably not doing their job to remove the warning, after all, it's just an external link warning and not a true, "hey there is a virus there" as there was no virus to begin with.

Man if people spent half their energy to good use as they do screwing around with injecting viruses....

They are not dropping a virus, they are simply redirecting the ads to a malware / badware site... same thing, but they malicious code is not on this server, they are pointing the ads to the server that has them.

They actually patched up the ad server, but I suspect somewhere there is a backdoor hiding which is giving them access again.

I changed all the passwords and what not, but we'll see, they get in, not a whole lot we can do but play whack a mole with them.

So, a lot of this stuff is Greek to me as I have two brothers that are comp programers and fix this crap for me, but tell me if I understand the circle of life with this virus stuff.

Company "A" hires company "B" to increase traffic to their site by placing adds. Then company "B" hires hackers to set in place malware and virus to redirect people, artificially inflating traffic....?

Ya, it's just a really big hassle... we have to chase this stuff down, then go through this process to get Google to remove the warnings.

Right now I don't even have a review option with Google I think is has to run it's course a bit in their system before I can ask them to remove it.

Basically they just jam up the site for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.</div></div>

Man I hope you quit your day job a long time ago. What little glimpses I get of you running your ass off doing one thing or another, just to keep this place running, I can't imagine you have much time for anything else...

Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google has not detected any malware on this site.</div></div>

With all that has been going on here the last few days I know you have been hooked up getting things fixed and up and running. It's sad that things like this happen but I guess it's the way of things.
Just wanted to thank you for a first class site and all the hard work you put into it to keep it up and running.

Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some days you have to sleep with the iPad under your pillow to keep things running </div></div>

Good thing you don't need a big pillow!

Oh hell! I'm getting the ban hammer for sure on that one. LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol' RD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some days you have to sleep with the iPad under your pillow to keep things running </div></div>

Good thing you don't need a big pillow!

Oh hell! I'm getting the ban hammer for sure on that one. LOL! </div></div>

They call it a body pillow for a reason.. People like Frank can fit their whole body on it...
laugh.gif

Just got the Firefox "attack site" warning a minute ago...for the first time. Just FYI.

Just waiting on Google,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A review for this site is still pending. Please check back later.</div></div>

Just logged in and got hit again with the malware warning, might have been my cache though as I wasn't around yesterday for that episode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is nothing wrong with the DTA Ammo link, and it wasn't hacked that way.

They simply dropped in a "zone" ammendment code, which would affect every banner in the area, because it was a "zone" redirect.

There was NO VIRUS put in SH, it was link to a malicious page that means, if you clicked on the ad it didn't take you to the ad designation but to the page where the actual malware was stored.

There was no Malware installed on SH, but a link to a Site that hosted Malware.

As I have stated SEVERAL TIMES now, we cleaned the code, and then had to specifically request GOOGLE (this is who Firefox uses too) to scan the site and they do not clear you unless it scans clean. That was accomplished.

With the holiday, someone at Firefox is probably not doing their job to remove the warning, after all, it's just an external link warning and not a true, "hey there is a virus there" as there was no virus to begin with.

</div></div>

I can pull the pcap for you but I when I clicked it I didn't just get a re-direct I got malicious code to my browser. So I guess the end result varied based on which ad was attempting to be serviced. The DTA was definitely more than a redirect. Good luck with getting it all figured out.

Guys google or Lowlight can't fix it. free download the anti malware virus program & scan a couple of times. If you can't even open a browser, go into "safe mode with networking"(turn on computer tapping F8) then down arrow to safe mode with networking then download http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and run the quick scan in safe mode.

The code was not put into the "Ad" it was put into the ZONE for the ads, and every single zone included the redirect code.

The site did not host any MALWARE it was simply a javascript redirecting the ad destination.

The site is 100% clean and the holes were plugged... if you bother to look the google warning even said the site was not hosting malware.

You have no clue what you are talking about...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just logged in and got hit again with the malware warning, might have been my cache though as I wasn't around yesterday for that episode. </div></div>

As of two seconds ago...

Google has not detected any malware on this site.

Not here,

Google shows clear... could just be a network cache, holdover,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google has not detected any malware on this site.</div></div>

I will manually look at the zones, but we are not seeing anything

I'm still gettin it. ATTACK PAGE/GET ME OUT OF HERE. Dunno what's up, probably Gov trying to see if anyone got a red ryder bb gun for Christmas

Clear your computer... it's a cache, browser file issue.

There is no threat, there is no warning, its you.

We showed how to clear it from your browser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> :

On Windows:

2. Do a windows search and search for the file name <span style="font-weight: bold">urlclassifier3.sqlite</span>, make sure the option to search on hidden files is selected
4. Do the same search for <span style="font-weight: bold">urlclassifier2.sqlite</span>
5. Restart Firefox
</div></div>

I copied and pasted these into my windows search and nothing was found. I suspect it is because I don't know how to to turn on the option to search for hidden files. Can you help me on that?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -2112-</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> :

On Windows:

2. Do a windows search and search for the file name <span style="font-weight: bold">urlclassifier3.sqlite</span>, make sure the option to search on hidden files is selected
4. Do the same search for <span style="font-weight: bold">urlclassifier2.sqlite</span>
5. Restart Firefox
</div></div>

I copied and pasted these into my windows search and nothing was found. I suspect it is because I don't know how to to turn on the option to search for hidden files. Can you help me on that?

Thanks

</div></div>
I have done the same with even wiping FF completely off and re booting. Sometimes it pops up (ATTACK PAGE) 80% of the time, and right now it's blocking all ads on the right side, and showing PSA/Brownells etc. on the left side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groundhogbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -2112-</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> :

On Windows:

5. Restart Firefox
</div></div>

Thanks

</div></div>
I have done the same with even wiping FF completely off and re booting. Sometimes it pops up (ATTACK PAGE) 80% of the time, and right now it's blocking all ads on the right side, and showing PSA/Brownells etc. on the left side. </div></div>

Can't help you...

The site is clean, I don't care what your browser says, go off on your own and check the site for yourself. https://www.stopbadware.org

There are plenty of resources to do so, none show a thing... it's you, not us.

I'm not going to continue and say the same thing over and over, there are ton of people on here right now NOT getting a warning, that should be a clue