• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge 2015 - Venue Change Announcement

msting22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Attention all shooters,

We have some very exciting news about the future of the Mammoth Sniper Challenge. Legion OTG in Blakely, GA (Legion Operator Training Group ( OTG )) will be the new home of the Mammoth Sniper Challenge from this point forward. This year's match dates are Jan 8-11, 2015.

We are very happy to be working with the guys at Legion OTG as this will allow the Match Director to bring a new dynamic to the match for both divisions.

We will have more details for you in the next few weeks, but in the meantime please help spread the word.

Below are some answers to a few questions you might have:

1) We will still have the Regular and Extreme Divisions shooting the same weekend
2) Joe Harris is still the Match Director
3) We will have the same great group of ROs
4) This will be the same great match just at a new venue

Last edited:
Mammoth Sniper Challenge 2015 - Venue Change Announcement

Didn't read the first post before commuting please ignore

So the Mammoth Sniper Challenge no longer held in Park Mammoth, eh?

I have to ask, was this due to issues with Rockcastle, better logistically for the match director, or something else?

Not to hard to figure out:

Joe & the match crew are based in GA, I am sure that it cuts down on the logistics using a facility that is closer in state.

Rockcastle Shooting Center is not much more than some re-purposed fields and a golf course, with no significant range infrastructure. Needless to say Legion OTG is the real deal, with full permanent range facilities.

Hats off to Joe & Crew if they can run this out of Legion OTG, it is really an awesome facility.

And I was so looking forward to going up and down that God forsaken hill to and from camp every day.

It was not a problem with Rockcastle at all. They have been great over the past 5 years and we've had a blast running it their but with us adding a Summer Challenge and bimonthly matches at Legion OTG it just made more sense logistically.

Legion OTG is a would class shooting facility and we can add a hole new dynamic to the Match.

Marcus

So the Mammoth Sniper Challenge no longer held in Park Mammoth, eh?

I have to ask, was this due to issues with Rockcastle, better logistically for the match director, or something else?

Since Legion is all flat terrain, will the tough man teams have to double time it to the stages in lieu of steep hills? :)

Oh there will be ways to make up for the hills David. I assure you that it will still live up to he very challenging for the tough man. Match details and rules will be out by July.

I am very excited to have the match at Legion.

I am very excited as
I just shot the last sniper challenge at joe range in taylorsville, I can not wait for Jan.

No I have been shooting Creeksides matches this year, as I work for the county ems that creekside calls home, I am really looking foward to the match, as I have to joe and luke about it

Joe and I took a little drive down to Legion OTG today to talk with the guy's. I was able to snap a few photo's of this awesome range. We have a great challenge in store for you. We will have the match details out by the end of the week. Stay tuned and keep spreading the word.