• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

socket70

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2008
Marietta, GA
<span style="font-weight: bold">Mammoth Sniper Challenge</span>
at Rockcastle Shooting Center
January 7-9, 2011

Mammoth is a brand new long-range precision rifle competition in the rolling hills of Park City, Kentucky. This event will offer unique opportunities to test your skill with a rifle and compete for prizes and bragging rights. Expect to see:

- 8 stages
- Bonus side match
- Shooting at long ranges (1000+ yards for certain classes)
- High angle shooting
- Night/low-light stages
- Scenario-based stages
- Shooting in the natural terrain

Full match details and application form can be found at mammothsniperchallenge.com.

We are working on sponsorship now and expect to have terrific industry support and a great prize table.

Early-bird registration lasts until November 1, 2010. Match fee until then will be $150 which includes dinner Friday and Saturday night and a match T-shirt. After November 1, match fee will increase to $175.

The match will be capped at 100 competitors so please sign up today.

<span style="font-weight: bold">UPDATE on 10/1/2010:</span>
We have 54 confirmed registrations as of today. That leaves 46 slots available. So if you're planning to shoot, please get your registration form in soon.

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

January.... Brrrrrrrrr.......
smile.gif

Guys if you have any questions please feel free to contact me on here or my personal email [email protected].

I am the match director for this match. We are striving to make this a premier event. I am working with Rockcastle Shooting Center and they are a great host. We have shot there before at other matches. Their hospitality is second to none.

I promise you that this will be one hell of a match. Your shooting skills will be tested and you will have a great time.

We are working with numerous sponsors for the match and they will be updated daily as we confirm them.

I hope to see alot of you guys there and we will have a ton of fun.

The hotel on site is an awesome addition to the match. Rockcastle has offered some great rates for the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">January.... Brrrrrrrrr.......
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1

I'm there for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">January.... Brrrrrrrrr.......
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1 </div></div>

Winter ASC just may have provided some useful info after all.

Hello, nice to see someone else is posting about Rockcastle.

Rockcastle Info Topic

We are some of the locals who are trying to get a heads-up on what the plans are for the place in terms on long range shooting?

Not sure if you guys are also going to be involved in the day-to-day operations or if you are just handling the match?

We are trying to avoid swamping the Nobles with questions and requests, so not sure if you guys can help with any info sharing.

Gotta agree with the match in January, count me in for Mar - Dec, but Jan & Feb are pushing things a little!

Thanks,
M Richardson

Joe Harris, the Match Director, owns Creekside Firing Range in Georgia where he runs a quarterly Sniper Challenge. After visiting Rockcastle for the BRM3G and PanAm Shotgun matches, he started working with Nick to bring this match there. So he's not involved in the day-to-day at Rockcastle. But we're real excited about the match and hope to do more events there in the future.

Like Socket70 said, we have nothing to do with day to day there but Nick and his crew are great people. We are going to run this match twice a year. Once in the winter and then in the summer. This match will take all previous shooters for the matches. Which means if you shoot in the winter match, you will have priority on getting in on the summer match.

Weather is not that bad at the first of January.

All you guys have got to do is wear a few clothes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Socket70 said, we have nothing to do with day to day there but Nick and his crew are great people. We are going to run this match twice a year. Once in the winter and then in the summer. This match will take all previous shooters for the matches. Which means if you shoot in the winter match, you will have priority on getting in on the summer match.

Weather is not that bad at the first of January.

All you guys have got to do is wear a few clothes. </div></div>
Look at the bright side, you don't have to worry about mirage when shooting in Jan, you can crank your magnification as far as you want to.
Kentucky is not too bad (usually) in early Jan.
Late Jan early feb is when it gets the coldest.
Hey, look at the positive side of it.....You get an excuse to go shooting, it's a reason to get out of the house while you have been holed up indoors with your inlaws for the holidays.
..And you might just get a chance to meet some good ole hide members.
I'll check with the schedule and see if I can pull it off and it's quite close for me.
...................SmokeRolls

1b375 : Please complete your profile (Where you are from). People will hound you until you complete that.
Just trying to save you some grief.
I will try to make it to your shoot if I can pull it off.
.................SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suggest the T-shirt definitely sport a "frozen" mammoth motif.....
smile.gif
</div></div>
You have an idea.
Here's another.
We have a saying in the south which I'm sure you have heard:
"It's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra"
Combine that with a catchy sniper challenge logo for the shoot.
Voila!....cool shirt
................SmokeRolls

Thanks for the update on the Match and your guys status. Sounds like we will still need to follow up with Nick Noble in terms of the day-to-day and future operations.

FYI & Reminder on KY in Jan,

Jan 7-9, 2010 - Observed Weater Conditions for Bowling Green, KY
Highest Temp Reached = 30F
Lowest Temp Reached = 10F
Overall Avg Temp = 20s

This past year was a little colder than normal, but according to NOAA, the actual Daily Temp Avg for the month of Jan is 31F.

If you guys want to spend 3 days in temps that most likely not get above freezing, more power to you and best of luck!

Thanks,
M Richardson

I hunt in freezing temps and love it, especially in the snow.

Mind over matter = If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Just drink lots of coffee so you can stay warm and write your name in the snow with mello yellow............Man I gotta pee!!!!!!
Hahahahaha!
............SmokeRolls

Interested. I have that weekend off.

I have to work,

GREAT, but things can change between now and then.

I will keep this close to heart.

John

I will be out of the Army and back home by then. Gonna miss the match..

This match sounds like a good time. I am definately going to try to make it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">January.... Brrrrrrrrr.......
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1 </div></div>
Folks go hunting all day in these temps and sit still all day. I have shot Joe's matches in GA and trust me, you wont be sitting still all day. Many have to work outside in temps like this. The key word in the title is "Challenge" so let's suck it up and and go shoot in a great match. You wont regret it.

smile.gif
</div></div>

+1</div></div>

Perhaps quilting or pottery is more suited to your fellas comfort levels...
wink.gif

HasgunWilltravel Perhaps quilting or pottery is more suited to your fellas comfort levels... [img said:
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

Well since you girls are so concerned, several years of working with liquid nitrogen caused my dislike of cold weather.
wink.gif

Oh boy.......seems that you guys are throwing out the "vaginitis" card on us guys bitchin about the temps....

I guess it's on now....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy.......seems that you guys are throwing out the "vaginitis" card on us guys bitchin about the temps....

I guess it's on now....
smile.gif
</div></div>

ROFL!!! When I was little and my little bro didnt want to go sledding, I always told him, I would just ask Steph, my little sister to go instead. It never failed.

Hope to see you there, I will be the guy with the Mukluks and mittens on.

I like it cold.....I will be wearing the G-string.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!
Couldn't resist.
............SmokeRolls

i am in. Will be sending app in on Monday. This will be my first match of this type. Need to start practicing the ranging part. I am excited to say the least. This match is 30minutes from house. Stoked
T

I will be there! App is going off next week!
Any southern AL folks going I can pair up with? I will be shooting a .243 in open class.

Trust me, if I can make it, I will have the snivel gear on.

Since my wife informed me that January is not camping weather even with a camper and heater, I guess I will be sleeping bagging it alone in the back of my Durango.

Provided my leave request is approved, I will come join you guys in the cold. Should provide a nice brake from a michigan winter...

Just printed off my registration form....January sounds like a good month to pop my cherry. Should be interesting to say the least. Have no idea what to expect, other than its going to be cold and I get to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">January sounds like a good month to pop my cherry. Should be interesting to say the least. Have know idea what to expect, other than its going to be cold and I get to shoot. </div></div>

You and me both, I will have to brush up on my mildot math

Got my app in the mail today. I'm definitely looking forward to this shoot!

Joe puts on a quarterly "sniper challenge" at his range Creekside Firing Range in Taylorsville GA. He is both an experienced shooter and match director. I'm sure this match will be fun, challenging and well run.

If it's anything like Joe's usual sniper challenge, there will be a bunch of shots that most people can make mixed in with several difference makers that will seperate the pack. I doubt there'll be much from the nice, comfy prone position.

Can't wait to bundle up and have a great time there in January!

David

I'm sure it'll be a hoot Mike!

Did you ever get your .260 finished? If you're shooting that, I might have to switch to .308 class!

DT

David you give me too much credit. But thanks.

The .260 is coming along nicely. Still playing with loads but so far it is awesome. So yeah that's probably what I'll be shooting.

You have to shoot your .260. I shoot better when I'm chasing you.
grin.gif

We are getting more sponsors confirmed everyday. USO is on board and they are giving away a scope. Will keep it updated here and on the website.

I'm not scared, hopefully I can get a pass for this. I'll know Tuesday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

HasgunWilltravel Perhaps quilting or pottery is more suited to your fellas comfort levels... [img said:
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]</div></div>

Well since you girls are so concerned, several years of working with liquid nitrogen caused my dislike of cold weather.
wink.gif

You are full of good stories...... (sarcasm inserted here)

Being that I will have 3 months old by that time I will try and sneak away for it. Been talking with Nick. We are on par for a Snipers Hide members day out there before it gets to cold!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

You are full of good stories...... (sarcasm inserted here)

Being that I will have 3 months old by that time I will try and sneak away for it. Been talking with Nick. We are on par for a Snipers Hide members day out there before it gets to cold!

Huh?