• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man gets punched and shoots himself in the leg

akabaron

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2007
Tempe AZ
Man accidentally shoots himself in road-rage incident
By Gene Warner
NEWS STAFF REPORTER
Updated: August 27, 2009, 9:13 AM / 74 comments
Story tools:
LargerSmallerSave
Print
Email
Share this story:
Buzz up!
A road-rage incident late Wednesday night in Lancaster led to a scuffle that ended when one of the combatants pulled out a gun and accidentally shot himself in the leg, Lancaster police said today.

The man who was shot was scheduled to undergo surgery in Erie County Medical Center, but police said the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Detectives believe the incident started at about 10:30 p.m., when someone reportedly cut someone else off in traffic on Ransom Road. A chase ensued, involving two individuals on motorcycles and one in another vehicle.

A short distance away on Ransom, at least one of the motorcyclists and the motorist confronted each other, and the motorist pulled out a gun.

"The one male points the gun at the second male," Capt. Timothy R. Murphy said. "The second male punches him in the face. As the first male is falling backwards, he discharges the gun and shoots himself in the left leg."

Police have not identified either of the combatants, both of whom are in their 20s. While no charges have been filed, detectives are considering possible charges, including weapons possession, against the man with the gun.

Capt. Murphy, Lancaster's chief of detectives, used the violent incident as a reminder of what can happen when people try to settle disputes with someone they don't know.

"If you have a problem on the road, call the police," he warned. "Don't confront an individual. You don't know what's going to happen. The individual without the gun is lucky that he didn't get shot."

Re: Man gets punched and shoots himself in the leg

I think it was Plexico's brother...

"If you have a problem on the road, call the police," he warned. "Don't confront an individual. You don't know what's going to happen. The individual without the gun is lucky that he didn't get shot."

I call bullshit on that one. If someone pulls a gun and has not already hammered down on your ass you need to do your very best to disarm them or haul ass(assuming you are unarmed). If he was close enough to punch him he was close enough to take his weapon. A trained man within six feet of an idiot with a pistol has an even chance or better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If you have a problem on the road, call the police," he warned. "Don't confront an individual. You don't know what's going to happen. The individual without the gun is lucky that he didn't get shot."

I call bullshit on that one. If someone pulls a gun and has not already hammered down on your ass you need to do your very best to disarm them or haul ass(assuming you are unarmed). If he was close enough to punch him he was close enough to take his weapon. A trained man within six feet of an idiot with a pistol has an even chance or better. </div></div>

I think the LEO's statement had to do with confronting someone <span style="font-weight: bold">before</span> the actual gun pulling incident. Because the confrontation eventually led to a gun being pulled on the individual. Atleast, that's how I interpreted his statement.....
cool.gif

Not so sure Id advocate all the wannabe Bruce Lees out there to try and disarm an armed man.

If things go south, you might be shitting into a bag for the rest of your life. Maybe you can make lemonade though, and get one of the Hide riggers to make you a tactical colostomy bag cover.

Personally, Id advocate the use of a level fuckin head. Someone cuts you off, so what? Maintain chill and keep on driving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not so sure Id advocate all the wannabe Bruce Lees out there to try and disarm an armed man.

If things go south, you might be shitting into a bag for the rest of your life. Maybe you can make lemonade though, and get one of the Hide riggers to make you a tactical colostomy bag cover.

Personally, Id advocate the use of a level fuckin head. Someone cuts you off, so what? Maintain chill and keep on driving. </div></div>

Honestly!

Sometimes, looking back to my more manly (Idiotic) younger days, I wonder how I survived long enough to look at advice like this and know it is sound.

I leave it at the friendly middle finger and the horn nowadays. No need to follow, harrass and stomp!

I become more the Porcupine than the Rhino the longer I live!

While I'm not trying to condone this incident, if you see someone, in an urban area, and they're wearing a distinctive patch on their back, chances are pretty good they're not someone you should cut off. Real life isn't as funny as the movie "Road Hogs". Most times it gets a little more serious than that, with no happy endings, for either party.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I become more the Porcupine than the Rhino the longer I live! </div></div>

That's hillarious. I'm stealing this line for my signature (with credits to you... of course!)
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJFinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I become more the Porcupine than the Rhino the longer I live! </div></div>

That's hillarious. I'm stealing this line for my signature (with credits to you... of course!)
grin.gif
</div></div>

That is as funny as it is profound!
grin.gif
I don't mind saying, I feel very much the same way...

if someone cuts you off like that just wait to get to the next light and go Westside Crypts on their ass and do a drive by. bam! you dont have to get out of the car and your not buggin the coppers by calling them out!

problem solved