• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Man Shoots Himself In The Face At Range

Chief in interview..." This is why we also have to have training when you own a firearm...."

Also chief interview..." The guy had a 9mm automatic..."

Really....He had a fully auto 9mm chief?
Ah, give him a break, just a slip of the tongue. It did look to me like he was kind of smiling in disbelief beneath his concerned demeanor.

When I was around 19 years old, one of the guys in our group shot the side of his face while cleaning (or doing something) with one of his handguns. Basically zipped up the side of his face along the cheek. I had heard about it, but the first time I saw him I must have looked like a large mouth bass out of water. It honestly looked like something out of a horror movie. Although I did not become a firearm enthusiast for many years (having lived in NJ most of my life) that visual sticks with me to this day. I've had a hot casing actually land between my glasses and my cheek, but I know enough to absorb the pain and not do something stupid to either me or the people around me.

Reactions: wh20crazy
Chief in interview..." This is why we also have to have training when you own a firearm...."

Chief could have been a poster boy for fudds

Shame people don’t teach their kids how to shoot and their way around guns these days, it’s always odd to see a grown man buy his “first gun”

I think a good punishment would be to get him stiched up. Then hold a press confrence and give him a blue training pistol and on camera in front of the world. Explain exactly how he shot himself. No, do the dance, nobody is going anywhere till you do the fucking dance!"

1624035797291.png

• Haha
Reactions: Boon20
I wonder if the range security cam footage will end up online. Would like to see how the heck he did that.

“Really....He had a fully auto 9mm chief?”

Fill in the blank

A________Colt Pistol(ACP)
Glock A___________ Pistol(GAP)

And this is why I will DQ without hesitation anyone at a USPSA match for violating any of our safety rules, including the ones requiring keeping the finger out of the trigger guard.
My son drives his shotgun coach nuts, because he insists on not putting his finger inside the trigger guard until he has acquired the target. The coach is all like "You don't have time to get your finger there and make the shot." My son is all "Hold my water bottle and watch this..."

Reactions: MtnCreek
My son drives his shotgun coach nuts, because he insists on not putting his finger inside the trigger guard until he has acquired the target. The coach is all like "You don't have time to get your finger there and make the shot." My son is all "Hold my water bottle and watch this..."

Might want to get a new coach

Dudes like this are why I avoid anything to do with teaching firearms handling or marksmanship to anyone who isn't a family member.

I got stuck doing that shit for years in my old unit. I managed to avoid any incidents, but there is always that 10 percent. I had my closest call on the last CMP range I ever ran in 2017 when an 'identified fuck stick' made ready with his finger on the trigger. Fortunately he only shot the dirt between his feet.

Reactions: 308pirate

He was just using the incident to once again prove only LE are trained and qualified to have guns.

How many clips did the automatic hold Chief?

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver

One of the reasons I quit competing in registered sporting clays is the atrocious gunhandling of most participants and their asshole attitudes when corrected.

USPSA suits me just fine, particularly since I'm an NROI-certified Range Officer in the sport.

Reactions: shoobe01
like this but way less funny

or maybe more funny as one is a movie and that jack ass shot him self I feel just so bad for him lol no I don't stupid people have stupider things happen to them . maybe it was natural selection trying to fight back against his birth , hot brass hurts shooting your self has to hurt more put the gun down then work on the brass . rod & hammer not my face or my hands anywhere they could get shot do you stick your face in front of the barrel ?????????

Last edited:
I ROd at a public range for a month before I realized $12/hr is not worth my life.

Your average person is downright dangerous with a firearm.

I volunteered to be a RO at a state range one time. I’m thinking, I’ll get experience, all the brass I want, etc. I went home and thought about it, and then came to my senses, and I thought WTF! I never did RO at that range. The range I belong to now, you are your own range officer.

A guy shot himself in the leg today while we were at a local range. Hot brass went down his shirt. Looked like he arched his back and lowered the gun straight down and he shot the back of his leg. It went in the back of his calf and out by his shin.

He was in the 25 yard and we were in the 50. We were walking out and he was in the hallway bleeding everywhere looking for help. My wife (an RN) sat him down to keep him calm till the staff came in to start first aid

That situation could have easily been worse or another shooter hit. I really try to keep an eye on others around me to know who is a risk or not to the best of my abilities.

The range staff was all over it and handled the situation quickly and professionally.

Reactions: BLEE and candyx