• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Man Spends Half His Salary Paying For All The Manly Tasks He Can't Do

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Article Image

FORT WAYNE, IN — Local man Garrett Benton has officially spent half of his annual salary paying other people to do the manly things he wishes he could do himself.
"There's an actual dollar amount that expresses what a lousy excuse for a man I am," said Mr. Benton, looking at his bank statement. "And it's a huge number. I'm literally paying to be utterly emasculated. The shame!"
According to his wife, Mr. Benton's descent into embarrassing weakness first began with paying to have someone else mow the lawn. "He gave some excuse about the dollar amount he could make at work versus what it cost to have the grass cut, but all I know is that's when I stopped respecting him as a man," said Mrs. Benton. "It just snowballed from there. He pays for oil changes, landscaping, fixing doorknobs, and even money management. It's humiliating."
Though currently unable to look at himself in the mirror, Mr. Benton states he is on the road to redemption. "The other day, I replaced the staples in the stapler instead of buying a new one - and it was so empowering!" said Mr. Benton. "One day, I'd just like to be able to make eye contact again with my father-in-law. I haven't looked directly at his face since the day I called him to chase a mouse out of the garage. It's been a long seven years."
At publishing time, Mr. Benton had regained a small modicum of manliness after burning the crap out of a steak instead of having a steakhouse cook it for him.

More truth than fiction here.

My kinda guy. I wonder if he's looking for new friends to share his safe space?

I agree more truth then fiction.

I have a guy I have known for over 50 years that is not a handy guy at all.....at all.

He paid a plumber to fix the "flapper" in one of his toilets. I told him watch a few youtube videos and try yourself.

I am building a new loft in my shop after the first of the year. He said YOU ARE? Yup, I told him it would likely take me a month to do something a healthy person could do in a weekend, but yea I am going to do it, asked if he wanted to help. He said I don't think I would be much help. You would be a big help, 6X6 posts are heavy, and you might learn something, going to do the electric and everything. He wants to come out and learn.

He just did not grow up in that kind of setting, really I did not as well but I am wired to take things apart. If it is busted kinda hard to bust it more.

I pay for oil changes. I supply the oil and filter and it’s $30 and I don’t have to get rid of the waste oil. If I’m doing a full service with diffs and tranny, I do it myself usually because it costs too much.

My kids couldn’t get their license until they could demonstrate they could change the tire without help.

I’m shocked at the number of kids right out of college who work for me who can’t change a tire, or even know how to jump start a vehicle, let alone perform basic maintenance like change the oil, brakes, etc.

My kids couldn’t get their license until they could demonstrate they could change the tire without help.

I’m shocked at the number of kids right out of college who work for me who can’t change a tire, or even know how to jump start a vehicle, let alone perform basic maintenance like change the oil, brakes, etc.
College kids these days can't even do their own laundry or wash dishes.

When it comes to vehicles nothing really surprises me anymore. People are just stupid when it comes to cars. I had a call the other day where a driver asked how to put fuel in their car. Oregon driver and he had to go out of state for work.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Edit.. I actually change my own oil becuase it takes 5 min to do at work and everything is like half price. But if i had to do it in the garage...thats a no from me dawg

Yeah, I was all chuffed because I finally managed to do my own plumbing....sweating copper pipe is simple compared to precision soldering I learned to do on electronics with surface mount components. I can *do* almost anything that needs to be done and I do cut my own grass and do my own snow removal and stuff but car stuff? I pay someone who is supposedly highly skilled to so that he makes enough to treat his Family well, have a nice house, nice toys, etc.

Got no problem with paying professionals to remove the tree in my front yard while I go to the range this week. And Mama still likes me just fine.

VooDoo

My daughter changed the fuel pump on my truck, which required dropping the full tank of gas. ;)

I can do it myself but my health now prevents it.

She also switched the brakes on her 442 from drums to disks.
She single? Asking for a friend.

I'm betting that he is probably paying someone to fuck his wife as well............you know, that is a very tough, manly thing to have to do........

I pay for oil changes. I supply the oil and filter and it’s $30 and I don’t have to get rid of the waste oil. If I’m doing a full service with diffs and tranny, I do it myself usually because it costs too much.
I can pay $25 WITH the oil, filter and disposal.

Granted they try to upsell me on all sorts of other shit, but it doesn’t work.

I pay people to do work for me not because I can't do it, but rather because I got better things to do.
That is what he said................

But honestly, story told ticks the boxes on 90% of the population, that is why ''Plumber Joe'' can charge more than a Dentist