• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manatee Gun range

DRandi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 24, 2014
Since I can’t get into JTAC Ranch, safety course signup for new members is full till May. Is it better to go to Manatee on a Saturday or Sunday?

Looking to build data for a new 6.5 rifle.

Manatee only goes out to 600. I'm not sure on member/guest status to shoot there. I've only shot there once. *EDIT - It appears it is open to the public.

There is Volusia Gun and Hunt that goes out to almost 900, but will require membership/guest. Tradecraft is down in Immokalee, but will require a membership/guest as well.

I'm not sure what type of shooting you prefer, but if you have facebook, go on to South Florida Precision Rifle Assocoation and introduce yourself. Im sure if you made it out to one of the PRS matches to help the RO's/MD or shot a match or two you would be able to meet many of the members of these ranges. From there it will be pretty easy to work your way in as guest until you are able to get into the safety class. Plus if you sign up for a match, many times there will be a train up day for match attendees the day before where you can get your data and some practice on the barricades in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot
Volusia is farther than I wanted to drive this weekend, 3 1/2 hours one way. Don’t have a Facebook account.

Just looking for a relaxed work out to distance and gather dope. I know Manatee is only 600 max. Says on their FAQ’s open to public, but you have to qualify. 2 moa at 300 or better while observed by range staff before being allowed to shoot longer distance. http://manateegunclub.com/faqs/ I’ve never been there though so I don’t know what it’s actually like.

I’m waiting on JTAC to open sign ups again so I’m looking to be non committal on membership for now. That and JTAC is only a 40 minute drive from the house, north Lakeland.

Well fuck me….. finally get a day when work, family, house, something isn’t eating up gun time and nope. Range has a club match going on.
1642209348233.png

• Haha
Reactions: SouthFLShootin
Dang communist…get on practiscore hahaha I actually don’t have Facebook but signed up with my wife’s account t in case I go back home and and looking for a match
I actually stopped using it a little bit ago. Life is better now. Unfortunately it seems like Facebook is still the best place to stay connected with what is going on, especially if you like some drama.

When I lived in FL that place was by far the place to go and it was just awesome. Right around the time I left the state, a bunch of drama happened there and its devolved to some borderline Fudd shit.

When I lived in FL that place was by far the place to go and it was just awesome. Right around the time I left the state, a bunch of drama happened there and its devolved to some borderline Fudd shit.

I quit going there right after they ran Gene out of the top seat.
They have just run the place into the ground compared to what it once was.
Matters not. I shoot at JTAC now and it's 17 minutes from the house.

I can’t believe we have all this state in this…state, and it’s hard to find a decent range that goes any distance.

Homestead is decent, but outside of 500yrds you need a aircraft or to be a long haul truck driver type

I can’t believe we have all this state in this…state, and it’s hard to find a decent range that goes any distance.

Homestead is decent, but outside of 500yrds you need a aircraft or to be a long haul truck driver type
There’s also Volusia where I think it’s 1000 (paging @lash), Bradford that goes to 850, and there’s a private 1000 outside of Gainesville, or so the rumor is…

Back when I lived up in Tallahassee Talon Training range was 15 minutes from work. I would occasionally pop in on lunch break. Range was owned and run by Charlie Strickland. He was team leader of Leon County SWAT and active Sheriff. Wealth of info to talk to when he was there.

Just some of the amenities. 270 degree shoot range, steel, dozens of private 50 yard lands, shoot house, 3D archery, shot gun clays. When I moved they were working on a 600 and 1000 yard lanes. Charlie encouraged bring the family and hang out. https://www.talonrange.com/

JTAC is very similar looking so it gets me excited. I just need life to cooperate some so I can get a membership.

Reactions: lash
JTAC is very similar looking so it gets me excited. I just need life to cooperate some so I can get a membership.
I could use some of that. If you happen to run into excess send a bit my way.

I fucking hate I-4!!! Been driving on that road for 25 years off and on. One of the deadliest highways in the US. Not that the roadway is treacherous. It’s all the tourists, foreigners, snowbirds, and just plain dumb fucks!! Then sprinkle in a little central Florida rain… Those that have never experienced a summer central FL rain storm, it’s a whole new experience.

I fucking hate I-4!!! Been driving on that road for 25 years off and on. One of the deadliest highways in the US. Not that the roadway is treacherous. It’s all the tourists, foreigners, snowbirds, and just plain dumb fucks!! Then sprinkle in a little central Florida rain… Those that have never experienced a summer central FL rain storm, it’s a whole new experience.

Natives can't drive for shit either. Arizona has the worst drivers I have ever seen. Angry, stupid, too fast, too slow, don't signal, uninsured.

There’s also Volusia where I think it’s 1000 (paging @lash), Bradford that goes to 850, and there’s a private 1000 outside of Gainesville, or so the rumor is…
Well, it’s a long story, but Volusia now has only 900 yards and it’s only available on a limited basis, by appointment, Fridays or Sundays, $50 for members, $100 for non-members. For that money, I drive to JTAC and pay $50 as a guest now and then. At least there, I can shoot out to a mile or further if I like or can.

• Angry
Reactions: TheBigCountry
Well, it’s a long story, but Volusia now has only 900 yards and it’s only available on a limited basis, by appointment, Fridays or Sundays, $50 for members, $100 for non-members. For that money, I drive to JTAC and pay $50 as a guest now and then. At least there, I can shoot out to a mile or further if I like or can.
Well that’s a kick in the teeth. Looks like I’ll have to find time to make it to JTAC.

Reactions: lash