• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manfrotto question

chopit

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Odem Texas
Will the rrs universal leveling base work with the 0X55prob? Sorry if this is a stupid question tripods are vudoo to me.

If I can piggyback on this thread, how well does a universal levling base work on an 055, compared to a set of rrs legs? Or compared to a tfct 34?

No comparison. On the RRS you’d want the TA3 anyway it is a gear up.

The RRS legs don’t twist or eibrare much and the apex connection is also key.

You can learn to shoot well on the manfrottos, but the skill is perishable. You’ll spend more on time and ammo learning than just getting the better setup. This really is the only place you can buy hits.

I basically agree with you guys, except that my groups are really the same regardless of the direct mount or the vyce. The vyce is much better than the hog saddle, imo.

I wax asking about the 055/ universal base for other reasons.

Attachments

• Resized_20180617_161555.jpeg
    Resized_20180617_161555.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Resized_20180707_115121.jpeg
    Resized_20180707_115121.jpeg
    758.2 KB · Views: 36
SLG,

How do you like the Anvil head?
I like it very much. It seems to be the best blend of leveling base and ball head, but what I really like about it is how small it is, and how much smaller the apex is compared to the older legs. Once you get to rrs, i dont think the differences amount to much in regards to stability or shootability.

I wax asking about the 055/ universal base for other reasons.
I still use a setup like that on my PCP almost every night (if I find myself awake to pee). On a light setup it isn’t to bad, but even then there is a difference.

I need something to shoot elk from a sitting position and found a good deal on a X55. I realize there are much better options out there now with rrs.