• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Manfrotto Tripod & Grip head

mildot326

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2004
OK troops, I just took the "plunge" for the Manfrotto set up for my USO Spotter. Cameraland had some good rebates, just a FYI.

Here's what I purchased:
Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 MAG FIBER BLK, W/O HEAD
Manfrotto 200USS UNIV.ANTI TWIST SPOT.SCOPE PLT
Manfrotto 322RC2 HEAVY DUTY GRIP BALL HEAD

I'm pretty good on the set up, but I just wanted to ask someone with a similar set up how it all comes together?
I have no experience with the Manfrotto product line so I just want to know that I purchased all the necessary pieces.
Cheers

Re: Manfrotto Tripod & Grip head

Manfrotto is one of the top of the line manufactures of tripods and accessories. You purchased the ball head which makes it easy to maneuver.

I have the 055 pro x tripod and the 488 ball head platform for my nikon full field scope. Hopefully the camera shop allowed you to use your scope with their equipment so that you could see how it worked before purchase. Mine did and the manfrotto won me over. You have an A+ setup .

Thanks, I opted to "wait out" on this item
Manfrotto 200USS UNIV.ANTI TWIST SPOT.SCOPE PLT,
since I read that it doesn't work well with the USO Spotter.
I hope I was right in doing that?

I just picked up the Manfrotto Bogen BG700RC2 video head for my Bogen tripod and I'm really happy with how smooth and relatively light and compact it is.

Good setup, it's what I run with my Zeiss, execpt for the Manfrotto 200USS UNIV.ANTI TWIST SPOT.SCOPE PLT this is the first time I've seen this option, pretty cool but I've never had an issue with the spotter moving on the quick detach base of the 322RC2