• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Manners buttpad removal

fryj00

Steel punisher
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone know how to get the buttpad off of a T6A? What fasteners are used...phillips, hex, regular? Even when I look down in the little slits (holding open with needle nose), I can't tell what kind of fastener I am looking at nor can I get any tool to "bite". Need to get this damned thing off...

-Bryan

I have a T4 and when I went to Cerakote it I tried taking the buttpad off and had the same problem, I gave up (thinking what if it's glued on or something) and just masked it off and didn't bake it too hot - turned out perfectly. I had used Green fineline tape where the stock meets the buttpad and normal green masking tape on the bulk of the pad.

If you ordered it with an adjustable butt plate system, then it is a hex driver, I forget the size, sorry. If it was just a standard stock (not ordered with an Adj. butt plate system), it's glued on and needs to be cut off. If that is the case, send it to manners and they can do it and replace it with a adjustable one for just over 100 bucks. Pretty quick turnaround if they are not to busy?

Last edited:
Well, I PM'd with Thomas Manners and he tells me that the pads are glued on...which would be why I couldn't figure out what type of fastener I was looking at. I will probably send the stock back to Manners to have the LOP shortened. I don't want to mess with the adhesive. Sucks though cause I wanted to take care of it myself.

-Bryan