• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners compact Arctic Camo

Steelnecktie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2013
Missouri
i Just got this one done in 6.5x47 Lapua. I love the compact stock in arctic Camo. It’s hard to swallow $1000 for a stock sometimes when you can’t even see or feel it. I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Just wanted to give a THANK YOU to @tmanners for the awesome stock and keeping me posted along the way with updates.
788880C2-38B9-4943-B346-BEB6A9C8B9D2.jpeg

Is that stiller action?
It’s a Kelbly’s Black Bear Tactical, Triggertech diamond, 419 Hellfire brake, Proof barrel, Badger DBM, I made pillars on lathe and bedded in Marine tex. NF ATACR, Kelbly’s rings. Still waiting on new 419 Arca Rail to mount the Atlas 5H bipod

Reactions: bjay
How’s the black bear?
The Black Bear Tactical is awesome, they are as slick as anything else on market. I will say they are built like a tank, big. I like the flat surfaces, the Pic rail is actually machined into action at 20 MOA. The recoil lug is integral and also has a quick change trigger hanger. Whole bottom of action is flat and it bedded onto pillars like a dream, stress free. The AI mags work great from the Badger bottom metal. The whole action and bolt have a Black nitride or similar slick coating. I don’t shoot in desert or throw dirt into action, but think it would still work dirty with the flutes machined into bolt. I bought the flat bolt face to feed from mag and it does that perfect, the barrel tenon is very simple and could be made by almost any gunsmith to fit without sending your action to them. I don’t know if threads start in same place to clock info on side of barrel the same, that might be a question for @Ian A. Kelbly or @Ryan A. Kelbly to answer.

What LOP adjustment is that?
I believe it’s 10.25” to 13.5” with 9 settings. It is great to fit into short fabric tactical soft case I had already. My wife came out in shop shouldering it and could tell it was too long, simply moved it in 2 clicks, perfect!! In that aspect alone for my wife and 2 kids it’s one of the best designs on market for a stock. The mechanics of the stock are built solid, I have zero worries about this thing ever failing. Like I said before, my new favorite, can’t wait to stack some deer this fall with it.

I believe it’s 10.25” to 13.5” with 9 settings. It is great to fit into short fabric tactical soft case I had already. My wife came out in shop shouldering it and could tell it was too long, simply moved it in 2 clicks, perfect!! In that aspect alone for my wife and 2 kids it’s one of the best designs on market for a stock. The mechanics of the stock are built solid, I have zero worries about this thing ever failing. Like I said before, my new favorite, can’t wait to stack some deer this fall with it.

Ohh. I didn’t realize that stock has that adjustment included as one of their features. I thought it was the adjustable pachmayr or limbsaver they have as an option for their stocks

i Just got this one done in 6.5x47 Lapua. I love the compact stock in arctic Camo. It’s hard to swallow $1000 for a stock sometimes when you can’t even see or feel it. I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Just wanted to give a THANK YOU to @tmanners for the awesome stock and keeping me posted along the way with updates.

Looks great, can you post a picture from the other side to get a better look at the cheek riser?

Forgot to as how much does it weight (stock)?
To me it feels like a Lb, it’s a tad rear heavy when there is no barreled action in it which makes it perfect with a barreled action.
I would tend to say it adds about the same amount of weight as an adjustable Cheek piece with KMW hardware installed
JMO

This stick had me going for sure. If I weren't so cheap, I would have sprung for it. And now I realize that it would have been just like I imagined. Nice sticks guys!

Forgot to as how much does it weight (stock)?
I didn’t weigh just stock, I know whole rifle without scope was 8.75 lbs. if you really need to know just the stock, I could take it apart and weigh it.
How is it shooting off hand with the shorter forend?
As far as shooting offhand, I don’t feel there is anything hindering that. The balance of this rife with the proof barrel is right at front of mag well

Ask and you shall receive. Lol. I had flush cups put in this side also.
The look of this thing in the sunlight is pretty amazing, looks like fish scales under finish. Pictures don’t do it justice
View attachment 6927609

Do they come with that cheek piece installed from manners? Cost of cheek piece? Is it adjustable?

Nice stick BTW...

I would suggest you let them do it, there are 2 bolts counter sunk in top of stock that hold cheek piece. It was worth every penny for me.

No it don’t come with it,
Yes it is adjustable
I think it was about $150 if I remember right.
Thanks

Thanks.. but it's an option directly from Manners correct?

If you could post a few more pics of the back end, I would appreciate it.

Yeah, it’s a option when you buy the stock, I’ll try and get a couple more pics today. I think Tom Manners posted something on Facebook about it. I can’t give you link, I’ve never been on Facebook.