• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Composite Stocks - New Carbon Fiber Elite Tactical lay-up option

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
Manners Composite Stocks is proud to introduce a new lay-up option for our tactical line of stocks. It will be called the Elite Tactical shell option. This option will be offered in the MCS-T , T2, T3, T4, T5 and T6 series of stocks. It is just a extension of the same technology that we have been using in our Elite Hunting series stocks, but we added a bit of old school twist to it. Back when we started Manners Stocks, some of the first stocks that we produced where clear carbon fiber, this option reflects that. To start, we will offer this option in 3 different finishes, Elite GAP, Elite Midnight and Elite Clear. The GAP will be Od green, Coyote tan and clear, the Midnight has two shades of Gray and clear and the Clear is just clear. These 3 finishes will be considered a field grade finish, what this means is that small imperfections may be visible in the finish such as mold lines, sanding marks and fabric imperfections in the carbon fiber fabric caused by hand laying up. All of them will also come with our tough armour-grip textured clear flat finish over the top. The last picture below shows a complete gun built by Logan at GAP which has the Elite Clear option. The reason I posted it is to show what the Elite Clear stocks can be finished out to. It took a lot of automotive clear and Logan's time. If guys are interested in this level of finish let me know.
The total combined weight of the adj cheek stocks below is only 2.8lbs, that breaks down to 34 ounces for the stock, 5.2 ounces for the large 1" decle pad and 5.8 ounces for the KMW bullet proof hardware. As a rough guide, depending on the inlet and stock type, ( 2A, 4A, 5A or 6A adjustable cheek stock) will come in around 2.7 to 2.9 lbs. These same stocks with standard fill are anywhere from 3.7 to 3.9 lbs. This is about a 1 lb savings. For the non adj cheek versions, ( T, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6) they will come in around 32 to 35 ounces. The standard fill weight on these usually come in at 2.7 to 3.1 lbs. Just like the elite hunter stocks the ultimate goal stayed the same, to be as light as possible but still maintain the ruggedness, stiffness, stability, accuracy and ergonomics as the rest of our standard lineup of stocks. They have the same 100% carbon fiber shell and our controlled fill process as the elite hunters. They will hold up to any magnum caliber that you can throw at it. They still use our full size 9/16" pillars. Lightweight fill in non-critical areas and heavy fiber fill where needed. The heavy fill is what adds weight quickly, so we developed a process that can precisely control the amount of this material and only place it where it is most needed, example – recoil lug/front pillar area and web area in-front of the trigger. And just like our other products, they have a life time quarantee no matter if you are the first owner or the 100th. We will start taking orders for this new option Monday October 7th. That should give the office time to get the web page updated with good pictures and all the correct info. Thank you,
elitemidnight2_zps21342f06.jpg
eliteclear2_zps66c3b4a5.jpg
elitegap2_zpsdf69c29c.jpg
logan2_zps946a9121.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice indeed!

Can someone explain to me the difference between the t4a and the t6a besides the hook at the bottom of the butt? I really like my t4a but I haven't tried the t6a and was looking for some input.

Thanks.

Very nice Tom. That's a cool option to add to your line-up.

They are very cool options! I'm glad I got my order in quickly :) These will be a popular option.

The T6A at the bottom in all Carbon is so nasty! Manners setting bar again....Mcmillan is falling behind FAST!

That Elite Midnight is amazing. I know what's going on my next build!

Are any of these able to take a tikka t3? Please say t4a...
We do make a t4 non adj stock just for tikka that this would work for. We could also do it in a t4a stock, but we would need to modifie the rear tang area of the stock to match the action. It would be hard to do on the clear option, but we might be able to pull it off on a gap or midnight. Also on the t4a stock, the bottom metal will set about .060" off flush, it's not perfect but looks good. Thank you

Very nice indeed!

Can someone explain to me the difference between the t4a and the t6a besides the hook at the bottom of the butt? I really like my t4a but I haven't tried the t6a and was looking for some input.

Thanks.
Hi, one difference like you said is the butt hook. Also the forend is about 1" slimmer with finger groves on the sides. Even though the forend is smaller we can still fit it with a efr night mount because the last 3" are flared out at the top. The sides are parallel with the bore of the stock while the bottom has drop unlike the t4. This drop allows to get elevation off a bag or rest surface while pushing forward or back. The grips are about the same width, but the length on the t6 are longer. If you would like to put your hands on one just let the office or me know and the will send you out a sample to get behind. Thank you

Last edited:
Nice! Think I just found the answer to what stock I want.

What will the lead time be on these?

Thanks

Now that is a man who takes customer service seriously...
Hi, one difference like you said is the butt hook. Also the forend is about 1" slimmer with finger groves on the sides. Even though the forend is smaller we can still fit it with a efr night mount because the last 3" are flared out at the top. The sides are parallel with the bore of the stock while the bottom has drop unlike the t4. This drop allows to get elevation off a bag or rest surface while pushing forward or back. The grips are about the same width, but the length on the t6 are longer. If you would like to put your hands on one just let the office or me know and the will send you out a sample to get behind. Thank you

Hello Thomas,

I think I'm going to give the t6a a try. I also really appreciate the offer of sending me a sample. That says A LOT about your customer service. I knew I could come back to you again after how well I was treated when I ordered my t4a a few years back.

I will be getting in contact with your company soon. Do you know the pricing for this carbon elite option yet?

Thanks.

What does the gloss clear add?
Hi, There is a tremendous amount of time involved in finishing out a clear carbon fiber stock to this level. It actually takes about 7 to 8 coats of automotive clear finish and lots of wet hand sanding between each coat, which is anywhere from 20 to 30 hours. Also before this process is even started, the action, barrel, trigger guard and all the rest of the hardware needs to bedded or fitted. For the same reason that we stopped doing painted camo finishes, we will not offer this in-house, we need a 100% focus on manufacturing stocks as quick as we can. I do have a local outside source that I have worked with and is he willing to take these on, he also does current work for GAP. I will get with him and get a ball park number and get it posted up. I am also pretty sure that Logan, ( the owner of the gloss clear gun ) is also going to start a new thread with some better pictures in the next few days which should show off the complete gun. Thank you very much,

Last edited:
The total combined weight of the adj cheek stocks below is only 2.8lbs, that breaks down to 34 ounces for the stock, 5.2 ounces for the large 1" decle pad and 5.8 ounces for the KMW bullet proof hardware. As a rough guide, depending on the inlet and stock type, ( 2A, 4A, 5A or 6A adjustable cheek stock) will come in around 2.7 to 2.9 lbs. These same stocks with standard fill are anywhere from 3.7 to 3.9 lbs. This is about a 1 lb savings. For the non adj cheek versions, ( T, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6) they will come in around 32 to 35 ounces. The standard fill weight on these usually come in at 2.7 to 3.1 lbs.

Tom,

How do these weights compare with your current 90% carbon adjustable stocks? Will you still offer the 90% carbon option when production of Carbon Elite Tactical stock is up and running?

Thanks----

That stock needs a carbon fiber wrapped barrel...I guess I have one more rifle to build.

i'd go the painted ones, in the aerospace manufacturing industry, black plastic sheeting is used to cover raw parts prior to painting as the UV light degrades the carbon fibre...

why did you release this after i just bought three of your stocks!!!!!!!!!!! Gee Tom dont you know how important i am. :) just kidding love your work.

i'd go the painted ones, in the aerospace manufacturing industry, black plastic sheeting is used to cover raw parts prior to painting as the UV light degrades the carbon fibre...
HI, On these stocks we use a special epoxy/gel that has a UV protectant added in them. Also all the Elite tac shells get a coat of our Armour Crip flat finish that also have a UV protectant. Thank you.

Any way to get the T6 or t3 in the carbon with midnight camo for a tikka t3?
We do make a t4 and a EHT stock just for tikka that this would work for. We could also do it in a t6 or t3 stock, but we would need to modifie the rear tang area of the stock to match the action. It would be hard to do on the clear option, but we might be able to pull it off on a gap or midnight. Also it would be best to run a CDI detach with the stock so we could flush up the bottom metal.
Thank you

Tom,

How do these weights compare with your current 90% carbon adjustable stocks? Will you still offer the 90% carbon option when production of Carbon Elite Tactical stock is up and running?

Thanks----
Hi Daved, Yes the Elite Tactical/Hunter shells compared to 90% shell in the same stock configurations weigh less. This is really notable in the adj cheek stocks. By the end of the year, we will phase out the 90% option and only offer the Elite tactical/hunter shell layup with a few more finish options to it. Thank you very much,

Very nice indeed!

Thanks.

T4A has a wider forearm for one.

Awesome stocks Tom, will these options possibly be available in the folders in the future?

I just ordered two McMillan stocks from Stockys and the only reason I didn't order another Manners is due to my addiction to the Olive Marble. I hope Manners will explore other color options in the future.

Awesome stocks Tom, will these options possibly be available in the folders in the future?
we actually have a pair of sample folders layed up in this shell. It looks like the overall savings won't be as the non folders, but we still should be down around 4.1 lbs that is going to be about a .9 lb savings. It will probably be another 4 weeks before we are done with the tests. I have to be care full of the area around the hinges, if they are not bullet proof we won't do them. So far they are looking good. Thank you

I just ordered two McMillan stocks from Stockys and the only reason I didn't order another Manners is due to my addiction to the Olive Marble. I hope Manners will explore other color options in the future.
I have to agree their olive marble, is a great looking finish. I don't know if we will ever do the marble finishes, the manufacturing process that we do is a lot different than they do. We are working on a new Camo style that we will debut at the shot show though that is pretty cool. Thank you

Last edited:
we actually have a pair of sample folders layed up in this shell. It looks like the overall savings won't be as the non folders, but we still should be down around 4.1 lbs that is going to be about a .9 lb savings. It will probably be another 4 weeks before we are done with the tests. I have to be care full of the area around the hinges, if they are not bullet proof we won't do them. So far they are looking good. Thank you

Keep me posted on the outcome of the folders. I'm planning a .308 shorty build and would be interested.

Thanks for the reply

I have to agree their olive marble, is a great looking finish. I don't know if we will ever do the marble finishes, the manufacturing process that we do is a lot different than they do. We are working on a new Camo style that we will debut at the shot show though that is pretty cool. Thank you

Tom, I agree, I love the marble finish's from McMillan. I couldn't imagine what a marble manners would look like, it would just blow my mind. Manners Stock + Marble Finish's= McMillan who :)