• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Composite Stocks New for 2019 Snipers Hide SHOT Show Sneak Peak

RobertB

Manners Stocks Support Team
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 20, 2009
    Oak Grove, Louisiana
    We are gathering all the marketing and advertising projects and getting everything finalized before leaving out for SHOT 2019!

We at Manners Composite Stocks have been very fond of and fortunate enough to be supported by the great community of Snipers Hide. For this we thought it was fitting for Snipers Hide to be the 1st place to release some images of some of our new products. So.........let's get to it!

MCS-CS2

The CS-2 is an updated version of our popular MCS-CS released in 2018. The main modification to the new version is one the fore-end to accommodate those shooters who wanted a compact stock on which they could run night vision. We lengthened the fore-end and added a slight flare at the very top end, then widened the tip to 2.4 inches.

2019-MCS-CS2-[Custom-Color].jpg

MCS-CS2-[Moola].jpg

MCS-CS2-[Moss].jpg

MCS-UC (Ultra Classic)

The design and shape or this stock was the result of a group effort with Crescent Customs and ACGG member, John Vest. Our aim was to produce a stock manufactured by modern technologies and materials for durability and accuracy while still maintaining the custom feel and shape of a high-end, handmade classic wood stock. The Ultra Classic was made possible by a new layup process we developed which incorporates some new and old-school technology. We've incorporated some 1/4" carbon fiber recoil pins that tie the high-stress areas into the proprietary newly designed 100% carbon-fiber shell.

The MCS-UC is the perfect starting platform for that classic lightweight mountain rifle. The shadow-line cheek piece is designed to help position your head for modern-style optics while still maintaining a straight comb. This shadow-line cheek flows elegantly into the 22-lines-per-inch checkered grip area with the same perfect show lines as the fore end.

• Average weight only 17.5-18.5 ounces
    • Able to withstand magnum calibers
    • Designed for right-hand Remington 700 short-style actions
    • Can accept up to a Bartlein #2B barrel contour
    • Comes std in matte field grade clear with your choice of optional speckle color-not designed for camo's or paint.
    2019-MCS-UC-[Clean-Gloss].jpg
    2019-MCS-UC-[Clean-Matte].jpg

MCS-PRS1 CZ

Manners Composite Stocks is honored to be the rock-solid platform for the new 2019 CZ-USA 457 Precision Trainer.

The Precision Trainer was designed to provide the same look and feel as a full-sized tactical rifle while allowing for more economical training. Based on the MCS-PRS1 stock, this special weighted version is finished in the Elite Tac Gap camo showing the base of carbon fiber in the background.

The stock itself has multiple layers of carbon fiber and fiberglass laid by hand in high-temperature epoxy resins, then placed in a vacuum and heat-cured to create the perfect resin to fabric ratio.

Combined with the CZ-USA 457's new features and cold forged Varmit barrel, the Precision Trainer is a paper puncher with surgical precision. Just add optics, and you'll have a perfect out-of-the-box .22 precision rifle match gun.

(We will provide these stocks both to CZ-USA for their factory rifle as well as provide to the general public for use on the CZ-457)

2019-MCS-CZ457-[GAP].jpg

MCS-Barricade Chassis Dovetail Adapter

We're always being asked about some sort of direct tripod mount. The guys at AREA 419 has their full length Arca-Lock rails that have exploded with great success. It only made sense to look into an option for shooters who are looking for something more compact and removable for when not in use.

This adapter simply fits into the slot for the barricade stop on our barricade chassis for a rock-solid tripod mount. It features the side indexing detents that works with their Arca-Lock accessories. This product is still being tested and designed with function in all popular stocks models being a priority. This product is manufactured by AREA 419 in the USA.
    arca2.jpg

Last edited:
    If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do my best to help.

I can be reached here or [email protected]

Be advised we will be at SHOT 2019 the entire week of Jan 20th so my response might be a bit of hit or miss until we're back but I will try to keep an eye out to help anyone that might have questions.

Also, when we return from SHOT we will be looking into our yearly Snipers Hide Group Buy and will be announcing that shortly after our return.

I don’t think the compact stock is compact anymore lol
    If you were running a 16" bbl or so then this version will still keep you the same oal as the MCS-CS. But for guys that needed NV or wanted to have a more match friendly rig can benefit from this. We are seeing the MCS-CS being shared with parents/kids so this one will help for the family wanting more of a comp gun than a handy shooter.

I have an EH-6 showing up today and I was excited about the lightweight but that new classic blows it out of the water by around 8-10 ounces! Keep pushing the envelope guys, it's always a great product.

I have an EH-6 showing up today and I was excited about the lightweight but that new classic blows it out of the water by around 8-10 ounces! Keep pushing the envelope guys, it's always a great product.
    Thank you for you support! Hope you enjoy it, let me know if there is anything we can do for you on it.

RobertB ... How does the size of the forend on that Ultra Classic compare to an EH3 or an EH6?

will the PRS1-CZ be available in other color schemes if bought through you guys?
    Hi, yes you can order in any of the finishes we offer. You can also order with the same light weight adjustable cheek on the cs2 stocks. We will also offer the cheek for the cz factory direct guns. It is not as adjustable as our standard knw hardware on the t4a or prs1 stocks but will give you good height adjustment. Thank you

RobertB ... How does the size of the forend on that Ultra Classic compare to an EH3 or an EH6?
    Hi edds, the stock is narrower than the eh3 and eh6, they where designed for upto a long action with Bart #3, I really wanted to make a trimmed down lightweight mountain stock, with nice trim show lines on the top. so the first ultra classics will only take a short action with upto a bart #2b. They are designed for mag calibers, each stock actually has carbon fiber cross bolts behind the recoil lugs and in front of trigger, this actually takes the recoil and transfer the recoil into the strongest parts of the stock. Each stock also has a carbon fiber re-enforced barrel channel, this means for a 18 ounce stock the forend is still stiff enough to fully freefloat barrel. Other stocks in this weight class must have the barrels full beaded. We do have a long version in the works.

The two guns pictured above are only about 5.5 lbs, both have evo titanium short actions, Bart 2b barrels with brakes, m5, 2 studs, and our new super light pads from Italy. One is chambered in 300wsm and the other in 6.5prc. They are going to be hand full to shoot, LOL.

Thankyou

Last edited:
    Reactions: physguy88 and M338
    Hi, yes you can order in any of the finishes we offer. You can also order with the same light weight adjustable cheek on the cs2 stocks. We will also offer the cheek for the cz factory direct guns. It is not as adjustable as our standard knw hardware on the t4a or prs1 stocks but will give you good height adjustment. Thank you

Wow thank your for that response!

@tmanners or @RobertB on the lightweight adjustable cheek piece, am I understanding correctly that this will be available on all/most stocks now? Also, could you please speak to the range of adjustability on this one ie: 1.5” above standard stock height, and the weight added? From the pics it looks like there are two screw heads on the top of the cheek rest. Are these offset to not interfere with cheek weld? Could you include a pic from the top?

Finally, thank you for being so accessible to your customers and for your support of this community and this forum.

If Tom can just keep Robert in the shop working and not beating me at PRS matches for all of 2019 that would be great.

Just kidding. Love all of your products and your support of the precision shooting sports.

@tmanners or @RobertB on the lightweight adjustable cheek piece, am I understanding correctly that this will be available on all/most stocks now? Also, could you please speak to the range of adjustability on this one ie: 1.5” above standard stock height, and the weight added? From the pics it looks like there are two screw heads on the top of the cheek rest. Are these offset to not interfere with cheek weld? Could you include a pic from the top?

Finally, thank you for being so accessible to your customers and for your support of this community and this forum.

I think the only stocks that will accept this cheek is the EH-1/EH-5/T2/T4/T5/CS/CS-2. I hope I'm not mistaken but think that is the list of stocks that will accept it.

We use spacers on top and we haven't stacked them too high to see any issues. But with a properly mounted scope we haven't seen the need to stack them up much higher than we had being around 3-5 spacers. I can experiment some when I get back if anyone would like.

Reactions: shotdown
    If Tom can just keep Robert in the shop working and not beating me at PRS matches for all of 2019 that would be great.

Just kidding. Love all of your products and your support of the precision shooting sports.
    Hope to see you at some matches in 2019! I am hoping to RO some this year too so come clean my stage!

Gentlemen, Really like the looks of the new MCS-UC stock. Any chance that you will consider a Left Hand version in the future ? Thank you !

@RobertB any new colors? Ordered my next manners a couple months ago but I'm expecting I'll want to have it Dipped... Unless i see something new. The only colors I've been particularly impressed but is the CORE options but going through core is a no-go for me

I am in the process of ordering a McMillan Echols Legend but your UC has me throwing on the brakes. Any chance you can inlet for a Dakota LA? Take my money!
    As of right now we only offer a SA model. We are going to keep an eye on this as we are discussing a LA in the future

One thing I forgot to add in the previous post is that the new ELITE cheek piece works well with the PRS1-CZ

I think the only stocks that will accept this cheek is the EH-1/EH-5/T2/T4/T5/CS/CS-2. I hope I'm not mistaken but think that is the list of stocks that will accept it.

We use spacers on top and we haven't stacked them too high to see any issues. But with a properly mounted scope we haven't seen the need to stack them up much higher than we had being around 3-5 spacers. I can experiment some when I get back if anyone would like.

What's the mounting hardware look like on the lightweight cheek piece? Is it ambi or does it only slope one way? Could this be ordered by itself and retrofitted to an existing stock (not necessarily a Manners)?

What's the mounting hardware look like on the lightweight cheek piece? Is it ambi or does it only slope one way? Could this be ordered by itself and retrofitted to an existing stock (not necessarily a Manners)?
    cschk.jpgHi Markleupold, Here is a basic pic of the light weight cheek, I will see if I have a few more but this will give you a good idea. You can order it for right or left. If you are retrofitting a stock other than the CS, ask for two aluminum threaded posts. Thank you

Reactions: shotdown
    Does anyone know the price of the Ultra Classic stock?
    Hi Edds, the retail price on the new Ultra Classis stock is $685. It is designed for a 700 style short action, right hand, up to a 2b and up to a M5 trigger guard foot print. They will come in a flat clear finish with your choice of a specked finish. thank you

Hi Edds, the retail price on the new Ultra Classis stock is $685. It is designed for a 700 style short action, right hand, up to a 2b and up to a M5 trigger guard foot print. They will come in a flat clear finish with your choice of a specked finish. thank you

Is the speckle molded in or applied as a paint to the finished stock?

View attachment 7013948Hi Markleupold, Here is a basic pic of the light weight cheek, I will see if I have a few more but this will give you a good idea. You can order it for right or left. If you are retrofitting a stock other than the CS, ask for two aluminum threaded posts. Thank you

What would the lightweight cheek and hardware (plus aluminum threaded posts) cost?

Any chance the small arca plate could be fit to a non-barricade chassis or normal bedded stock? Love the size of that plate, and would like to direct attach to a tripod, but don’t want a rail the whole length of the forearm

Any chance the small arca plate could be fit to a non-barricade chassis or normal bedded stock? Love the size of that plate, and would like to direct attach to a tripod, but don’t want a rail the whole length of the forearm
    Hi Tenringx, RRstuff and i think henderson make a short section of arca rail that will install with just t-nuts in the stock. I think they work best for balance if they are moved as far back as possible. On new orders, if we know you are going to run one, we will actually put a small aluminum plate in the stock just under the recoil lug that can be drilled and taped. if you have a standard chassis stock we can use the mini chassis to mount the rear attachment hole, then a tnut for the front. Thank you very much,

Last edited:
    Reactions: duramaxed
    Hi Tenringx, RRstuff and i think henderson make a short section of arca rail that will install with just t-nuts in the stock. I think they work best for balance if they are moved as far back as possible. On new orders, if we know you are going to run one, we will actually put a small aluminum plate in the stock just under the recoil lug that can be drilled and taped. if you have a standard chassis stock we can use the mini chassis to mount the rear attachment hole, then a tnut for the front. Thank you very much,
    Hi Tom,
    When will You guys be doing a run of ultra classics,I have to order through our AU distributor.

@tmanners or @RobertB is there any play-room to open up the barrel channel on the ultra classic to accept, say a PROOF sendero light contour or something of similar size?

-tanner

@tmanners or @RobertB is there any play-room to open up the barrel channel on the ultra classic to accept, say a PROOF sendero light contour or something of similar size?

-tanner
    Hi Tanner, The new UC stock will only go upto a bart 2b and a short action. We wanted to keep the show lines nice and tight on this stock, it is hard do when you get a stock that will accept a lot of different actions and barrel sizes, if we made it fit nice and tight on the proof it would out of wack for the smaller barrels. I do have a long version of this stock in the works but will not release till end of spring that will have a bigger barrel channel fot the proof. thank you very much

Reactions: jafo96
    Hi Tom,
    When will You guys be doing a run of ultra classics,I have to order through our AU distributor.
    Hi M338, we are actually running the mold every day to get ahead. If you want PM with your build number and i will keep a eye on it. thank you

@tmanners can we get some pics of the CS-1 and CS-2 side by side if it's not too much trouble?

+1 for the side by side pics
    Wondering how much longer/heavier the CS2 will be. Also, will lefties be included in the group buy?

I don’t know how to post pictures, but Manners has a side by side of the CS on their Instagram page.