• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners CS2 on a rimfire?

mjspeers

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
Does anyone have a lot of time behind a Manners mcs-cs2? Like/dislikes?

Here’s what I’m thinking, I have little kids, 6 and under. I taught the 6 year old on a B22. But for the younger boys I want an excuse to build an NRL22 type or higher end rimfire that I can also shoot far. Probably a b14r or video.

I used this same excuse to build a Gucci 10/22 on a Manners CS stock. But I’d like a bolt gun for the little kids to learn on and be more accurate. The biggest upside is that a small kid can shoot the CS and then quickly pull it out. But the stock is not my favorite, little difficult to shoot of bags from a bench.

Just curious if the CS2 would be too big for a kid. Am I better off getting my own set up and a short gun for kids? I do not like the idea of a chasis for the kids to learn on and don’t know of anything else like the CS/CS2.

I just put a rimx together on a CS2 for my kids. One is 6 and the other is 8. The adjustable stock is great as they grow. With it all the way collapsed it fits my 8 year old perfect.
20220814_191806.jpg
I currently also run a CS2 on a bolt gun with a thermal setup. Can't go wrong no matter how old or big or small.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I just put a rimx together on a CS2 for my kids. One is 6 and the other is 8. The adjustable stock is great as they grow. With it all the way collapsed it fits my 8 year old perfect.View attachment 7940700 I currently also run a CS2 on a bolt gun with a thermal setup. Can't go wrong no matter how old or big or small.
Nice looking setup !

Reactions: Emc_2015
I just put a rimx together on a CS2 for my kids. One is 6 and the other is 8. The adjustable stock is great as they grow. With it all the way collapsed it fits my 8 year old perfect.View attachment 7940700 I currently also run a CS2 on a bolt gun with a thermal setup. Can't go wrong no matter how old or big or small.
How long is that barrel?

I’m concerned the forend is a little short on the CS, but then wide on the cs2.