• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Manners CZ457 VPT MTR Stock (Questions)

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
This is the stock I’m referring to. In the pic it looks like there is a sling stud forward. Those who use the Arca Weight Tuneable Rail…… Does it run the full length of the stock and the sling stud comes out and is used for the Area 419 rail hardware???
57A35961-D6DD-4EAD-B1EB-4169441E53B5.jpeg

Reactions: MauroBrazil
I have the Manners stock for the 455 VPT (no cheek rest) with two sling studs, and installed the Area 419 weighted arca rail. The rail is 14” long so it’ll extends a little out past the end of the forearm. I was able to line up one of the sling stud holes with one of the mounting holes in the rail but had to drill and insert 2 T-nuts further back on the stock (I wanted 3 mounting screws).

The rail comes with three T-nuts and three threaded bolts. Installation is pretty easy if you have the basic tools. Area 419 has a video that covers the install. You just need a drill, drill bit (can’t remember the size but may have been 1/4”), and a 3/4” spade bit for the countersink for the T-nut. Easy job, maybe 10 minutes. Don’t breath the saw dust!

Thanks! I’m having one built by manners but I wanted to know if it would cover the part I marked or if I should add a pic rail in front for my bipod (I’ll have to convert at least one to arca for this rifle)

Yes, the rail will cover the area you have marked. And them some.

Reactions: USMC22
It’ll look exactly like this.

Attachments

• CE6E3858-3366-4A22-BDB5-EA779267350C.jpeg
    CE6E3858-3366-4A22-BDB5-EA779267350C.jpeg
    677.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 8E1AC369-C995-44BF-B239-ADFA0F21EFF7.jpeg
    8E1AC369-C995-44BF-B239-ADFA0F21EFF7.jpeg
    668.2 KB · Views: 183
This is my backup gun. I have the Area 419 rail but I also bought the 360 Precision 2 lbs rail and it's much better for balance. I shoot 22PRS so the balance and weight isimportant. Ditched the MTR barrel for a Lilja. I had a local gunsmith add lead to the stock so now I am at 15 lbs.

IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8851.jpg

Thanks! I’m having one built by manners but I wanted to know if it would cover the part I marked or if I should add a pic rail in front for my bipod (I’ll have to convert at least one to arca for this rifle)
I have been trying to get thru to manners about the stock. They won’t give out info in email. I have called and called can’t get through and they have yet to return my voicemail. Curious on price and availability??

I have been trying to get thru to manners about the stock. They won’t give out info in email. I have called and called can’t get through and they have yet to return my voicemail. Curious on price and availability??
Pm me I’ll pass along the contact you need. I’ve owned several and had one custom made. They make great Cz stocks.