• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners EH1-TK mini chassis or bed?

Get the mini chassis installed or bed it?

• Bed It

• Mini Chassis

Results are only viewable after voting.

64E

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2020
USA
Any opinions on bedding vs mini chassis for a EH1-TK hunting build? The Tikka version does not come with pillars, only a different recoil lug. Only reason to not get the mini chassis for me is weight. I have no idea how much weight it adds but it appears to be 10-13 OZ based on what I can find.

The mini chassis would make things easier to bolt up and go but I don’t plan to buy another tikka action to put in this stock.

Anyone with this stock please chime in with what direction you went and any pros or cons please.

Mini chassis 1,000%. No reason to bother with traditional unless you have a huge investment in tikka mags.

Mini chassis 1,000%. No reason to bother with traditional unless you have a huge investment in tikka mags.
From what I understand the mini chassis for the Tikka version still utilizes the factory T3 bottom metal. Because it’s a hunting build I actually do want to stay with the factory mag, and have an aftermarket magazine that allows a longer OAL to experiment with. Also have the long action bolt stop to swap out if needed.

I have one of each, mini chassis and a traditional Pillar setup in EH1 TK’s. I don’t know if either is “better”, the chassis is nice for a bolt in a go to the range 10 minutes after you receive the stock option. It does add some weight, I can try to weight them side by side but it might be a few days.

The traditional pillar setup is fine also, it is lighter if your wanting to keep the weight off for a hunting setup. I personally don’t think there is any difference once you install pillars and bed the traditional setup in changing barreled actions in the same stock. I have moved tikka barreled actions from stock to stock and they always drop in perfect.

The price difference is nothing if your going to pay a smith to install pillars and bed, in fact the mini chassis probably comes out cheaper. Both of mine take factory tikka mags btw.

Reactions: 64E
Mini chassis FTMFW ! I kinda have a thing for Manners stocks ... just sayin

Any opinions on bedding vs mini chassis for a EH1-TK hunting build? The Tikka version does not come with pillars, only a different recoil lug. Only reason to not get the mini chassis for me is weight. I have no idea how much weight it adds but it appears to be 10-13 OZ based on what I can find.

The mini chassis would make things easier to bolt up and go but I don’t plan to buy another tikka action to put in this stock.

Anyone with this stock please chime in with what direction you went and any pros or cons please.
The mini chassis is awesome, do that.

mine is for the CTR bottom metal and mags

I have had both for my tikka. I preferred the mini chassis for a few minor reasons.

However I had to send both stocks back to manners right after I got them. The QC on both was bad. On one the inlet was cut wrong and the other had a bunch of bubbles in the fiberglass. It was disappointing because I really wanted to like them and waiting a long time for them to arrive.

I swapped over to a KRG Bravo and have been really happy with it.

I have one of each, mini chassis and a traditional Pillar setup in EH1 TK’s. I don’t know if either is “better”, the chassis is nice for a bolt in a go to the range 10 minutes after you receive the stock option. It does add some weight, I can try to weight them side by side but it might be a few days.

The traditional pillar setup is fine also, it is lighter if your wanting to keep the weight off for a hunting setup. I personally don’t think there is any difference once you install pillars and bed the traditional setup in changing barreled actions in the same stock. I have moved tikka barreled actions from stock to stock and they always drop in perfect.

The price difference is nothing if your going to pay a smith to install pillars and bed, in fact the mini chassis probably comes out cheaper. Both of mine take factory tikka mags btw.
Thanks for the detailed response. I was trying to keep weight off but I’m beginning to think the easy button will be the mini chassis. Surely it isn’t that heavy.

I have had both for my tikka. I preferred the mini chassis for a few minor reasons.

However I had to send both stocks back to manners right after I got them. The QC on both was bad. On one the inlet was cut wrong and the other had a bunch of bubbles in the fiberglass. It was disappointing because I really wanted to like them and waiting a long time for them to arrive.

I swapped over to a KRG Bravo and have been really happy with it.
I really like my Bravo’s in 700 footprint but shooting for lighter weight and no AICS mags sticking out.

Also, I had the EH1-A so the weight difference between that and the Bravo wasn’t significant. The cheek on the EH1 without the riser was just too low for me.

Also had a PRS1 which I liked more than the EH1

Also, I had the EH1-A so the weight difference between that and the Bravo wasn’t significant. The cheek on the EH1 without the riser was just too low for me.

Also had a PRS1 which I liked more than the EH1
Yea I love my PRS2 which is why I’m giving the EH-1 a shot. Wish the LRH was available for Tikka but it isn’t. I’m trying to find out if the lightweight adjustable cheek piece is an option to add later if if I need it. Hopefully wont need it since I’m running a 44 obj scope.