• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners EH1 with quick results in the field

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
View attachment 20471View attachment 20472View attachment 20468View attachment 20470

My EH1 with mini chassis came in today. I moved my barreled action from my T5 w/ chassis to the new stock and headed out to get a zero on it. Luckily my friend who owns the gun shop I manage is cool and told me to leave an hour early so I might have time to hit the woods after dialing it in.

I look forward to seeing what I can do with it when I'm not in a hurry. I shot a few times in the center target, adjusted then shot the five shot group, gave it one more click and pretty much tore the center out then peeled off to the woods. I passed up a few deer then right before dark a large hog made the mistake of showing up at two hundred yards, in one ear and out the other. Needless to say, he won't be running off any more deer. The pig weighed in at 225 pounds, he's the one on the left. A picture of the other side of his head can be found in the SMK carnage thread.

I feel like this EH1 is a great balance between a tactical/precision and hunting stock. Even with the Badger mini chassis and heavy Bushnell G2DMR it is fairly light and very handy. With an Atlas v8 bipod and the G2 it weighed in at 11 pounds on a bathroom scale. I will update if I find that number to be off. I think the scope alone weighs around two pounds. Mine started off as a factory Rem700 308 tactical that I had cut and threaded to 18" by Accurate Ordnance. It shoots great to be a factory barreled action, not to mention that its dropped into a stock that doesn't need bedding. I am a big fan of the mini chassis system, this is the second one I've had with this setup and the same great results. This is with Southwest Ammunition XR118 from their first group buy.

Thanks to Tom and all of the good folks who work there for designing and building such great gear and running one of he finest operations I've dealt with. They are a model for any business to follow in my opinion. The customer service and products are great and they all seem to be genuinely good people and I appreciate it. I will be a life long customer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I mean, somebody has to do it. Haha, thanks guys. Hogs and coyotes are "shoot on sight"... Unless it's one of those days that mature bucks are running does ragged.

I've been told this is my last season in this stand due to the property being sold. I will miss it. This area has produced some good hogs and the buck that's is my avatar. I recently let this doe walk the 300 yard line and also gave out a pass to a decent 8pt in the 115" range.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Nice takedown. Any difference after cutting the barrel down? I have a Rem 700 Tactical SSD that I moved into a Manners T4A stock and topped with a Bushnell ERS so very close to your setup. Haven't dialed it in yet, but hoping to get groupings like yours.

The groups shrank when I went from 26 to 18" but I also was getting better from all I have learned here at the same time. I used to muscle the gun onto target and was a decent shot but I have learned a lot since joining here.

Going from a B&C A5 to the mini chassis I went from a consistent .75" gun to a consistent .5" gun at 100. It's capable of better. I've had 10 shot groups in the .5" range with only one flier. Haven't put all 10 inside there yet. This is with FGMM 168's and SW ammo 175 SMK's