• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Elite Tactical Stocks

408s10

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2014
Anyone have any experience with these stock at all? Just debating what stock to get for my build. If you have any pictures or opinions about them it would be great.

Last edited:
Most of my rifles have McMillan A5's and I like them, but I also have a Manners T4A.

Excellent stock, I'd consider it equal to McMillan, plus you can get an integral bedding block, or a folder if you want it.......it's very good.

Most of my rifles have McMillan A5's and I like them, but I also have a Manners T4A.

Excellent stock, I'd consider it equal to McMillan, plus you can get an integral bedding block, or a folder if you want it.......it's very good.

Yea I really do want to get a McMillan A5 but the wait time is the part that is turning me against it. I guess it is better to wait for what you really want then to settle but it it is just really hard to justify 6 month

Tons of info on the Hide about Manners stocks. They are excellent as well as their service as Tom Manners is a member here on the Hide. I have 3 of their stocks now and I am waiting on 2 more. They are super strong and well made and offer features like the mini chassis that other similar stocks don't.

Here are my T3s. Top and bottom I had painted by Michael at Controlled Chaos Arms and the middle is Manner's molded in woodland camo pattern

NCM_0116.JPG

I have a t5a in the normal shell as well. Both have the mini chassis. The elite stock is about a lb less
And the texture is a little rougher but having the carbon fiber showing gives a nice look.

It depends on your goal. If you are worried about weight, go elite. I needed to be under 12 lbs for a comp. So I went with a ti action, fluted barrel and elite shell. I would go with another in a heartbeat.

Mine should be here any day, but I have heard nothing but good things. It's a little more expensive but I feel it's well worth it. I would just make sure you don't get too heavy of a contoured barrel. Might through the balance off with such a light stock. I will try and post pictures as soon as mine arrives.

I guess it is better to wait for what you really want then to settle but it it is just really hard to justify 6 month

Best favor you could do for yourself is to get your hands on a manners to realize there's no settling. The stocks are solid and the customer service is best I've come across period.

I really wouldn't say you're settling with a manners and if you're going with a remington based action the mini chassis would put the manners ahead of the mcmillan in my book

I have both. McMillan A5, A1-3's and two Manners T's. Both makers make quality products, and I would have no problem ordering from either depending on the purpose of the rifle. Although my preference is McMillan, I like their molded in colors and texturing better than Manners. I currently have a HTG on order for a Quad and a T6-A elite on order for a Big Horn because of the mini-chassis. The Big Horn will be a switch barrel rifle and the mini-chassis is the ticket.

I have both. McMillan A5, A1-3's and two Manners T's. Both makers make quality products, and I would have no problem ordering from either depending on the purpose of the rifle. Although my preference is McMillan, I like their molded in colors and texturing better than Manners. I currently have a HTG on order for a Quad and a T6-A elite on order for a Big Horn because of the mini-chassis. The Big Horn will be a switch barrel rifle and the mini-chassis is the ticket.

Just FYI McMillan makes a nice A-5 stock that fits the heavy tang perfectly. Not hanging out in the breeze which I personally don't like. McMillan all the way.

Regards, Paul

The mini chassis system kicks ass, I had one put on my mcs-ta for a stiller spectre and woundnt do it any other way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quality between Manners and McMillan is a wash. Both are great with well established reputations. Two reasons I chose Manners are the service/ support, and the ergonomics of the T5 fit me better than any McMillan I have ever handled.

You absolutely won't beat Manners on customer support. They set the bar VERY high.

I personally use Manners stocks and couldn't be happier.

The Elite Tactical are nice if you are looking for a lighter-weight rifle. A T4A in ET is about 1# lighter than a "normal" T4A.

We just build a short (16.5" barrel) .308 Win using a T6A ET. Rifle came out awesome. Balance is outstanding. Barrel is a Brux "Accurate Ordnance" varmint contour, which the same as a Rock "Sendero".

You won't go wrong with Manners. Get the ET if you want lighter weight, but be careful of the rifle balance! If doing a longer, heavier barrel I think the lighter stock will throw off the balance. Does to me anyway.

Mark

I have run a few of both the Manners and the McMillan A5's and I always gravitate to the McMillan, but to be fair I have nothing bad to say about the Manners.

You absolutely won't beat Manners on customer support. They set the bar VERY high.

The Elite Tactical are nice if you are looking for a lighter-weight rifle. A T4A in ET is about 1# lighter than a "normal" T4A.

We just build a short (16.5" barrel) .308 Win using a T6A ET. Rifle came out awesome. Balance is outstanding. Barrel is a Brux "Accurate Ordnance" varmint contour, which the same as a Rock "Sendero".

You won't go wrong with Manners. Get the ET if you want lighter weight, but be careful of the rifle balance! If doing a longer, heavier barrel I think the lighter stock will throw off the balance. Does to me anyway.

Mark

Would be great for my tikka t3 super varmint :cool:

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

If you don't have a high budget you may want to check out Choate. They have many stocks for many actions. Tactical models are nice. Bedding block and aluminum runs the length of the stock to the best of my memory. your barrel will not touch that stock. they have a deep channel. Also their less than 300 bucks. Check out H.S. Precision as well.

Mark

What was the weight of this rifle? Pretty damn close to what your building for me right now except mine is 6.5 Creedmoor.
Thanks David

So we know McMillian is running 7-8 months wait times. Any idea what the wait time is for Manners elite tacticals?

Last edited:
Just got today my elite hunter 2 (gap camo and mini chassis ) from the group by Feb 1st. so right at 19 wks I think, the stock is a gem, everything I though I was ordering. and as the bonus the comb is high enough so I don't have supplement it. I had a change or two to the original order and with the shipping I asked for a time frame with summer travel etc. Manners was very responsive to all that. They friggin R"OCK. They are top drawer!

Idahoorion

Ordered my stock from Manners today, let the wait begin! I went with a TF3-A in elite tactical black forest. Very exciting!

I am really wanting a Manners, has anyone dealt with Stocky's for their Manners stock?

Thanks,