• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Flat Top Stock Question

aaronk

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2018
Washington
So I'm confused on the Manners flat tops stocks....

Do they ship to you as a flat top stock, if so, why do they require action/barrel/bottom metal information? Lead time says 4-6 weeks, but then another part of the page says they'll ship within 2 days. Just wondering what you actually get and how long it takes to get.

Thanks!

Yes, it is indeed flat top from the grip forward. The action tang area/height is incorporated into the grip area on some stocks and thus minor adjustments need to be made per the action you intend to use.

No clue on current lead times for flat tops.

The stocks they'll ship within two days are the "ready to ship stocks" on the pages that are labeled as such. Most of these are stocks someone backed-out on, and were made to that someone's specs - they're finished, ready to use. I've bought several of them over the past several years when I've found something that was close enough to work for a project I was building. More-or-less the same type of inventory list that McMillan used to list on their website.

The flattop stocks are their attempt to give customers a chance to get a stock with the correct action & bbl inlet in a shorter time frame than usual when you place an order for a stock with your choice of inlet, molded-in or painted finish, hardware, etc. These stocks are for sale to individuals, not to stock re-sellers who order large numbers of stocks at a time. I quizzed Robert Brantley about the flattops yesterday after placing an order for a customer's stock, and that's how he explained it to me. Several of my rifles are in Manners T4A & T3 stocks, but I've been kind of drooling over PRS1 stocks I've seen at matches recently, and that's why I was asking.

The flattop stocks are their attempt to give customers a chance to get a stock with the correct action & bbl inlet in a shorter time frame than usual when you place an order for a stock with your choice of inlet, molded-in or painted finish, hardware, etc. These stocks are for sale to individuals, not to stock re-sellers who order large numbers of stocks at a time. I quizzed Robert Brantley about the flattops yesterday after placing an order for a customer's stock, and that's how he explained it to me. Several of my rifles are in Manners T4A & T3 stocks, but I've been kind of drooling over PRS1 stocks I've seen at matches recently, and that's why I was asking.

I'll have to give them a call on Monday. So are you saying they'll actually inlet the flat top stock for the action and barrel that you choose in the 4-6 weeks time? I've got a Manners on order, but man I'd love to get in to one a little faster! :)

I'll have to give them a call on Monday. So are you saying they'll actually inlet the flat top stock for the action and barrel that you choose in the 4-6 weeks time? I've got a Manners on order, but man I'd love to get in to one a little faster! :)

Yup, got my PRS1 in 4 weeks, inletted and ready to be slapped together.

Reactions: aaronk