• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Manners LRH

I guess im cancelling my 4 month running order…

Does anybody know if a lone peak razor 338 will fit in a Remington 700 LA inlet? Been eyeing a lrh for my 300 Norma for a while because I'm less than in love with my current stock.

Does anybody know if a lone peak razor 338 will fit in a Remington 700 LA inlet? Been eyeing a lrh for my 300 Norma for a while because I'm less than in love with my current stock.
I have a couple lone peak fuzion ti’s (SA’s), and they works just fine in my LRH’s that are cut for a Remington foot print.

I'm strongly debating on ordering one of the complete ones if/when my Game Scout sells. My only concern is via inlet. It is for a Mac bros evo 2 SS (700 style footprint). Manners has an option specific to the Mac bros action though. It looks like I may need to open up the ejection port a little bit to make it fit. I left them a message to find out. Otherwise these look like a great option. It is between this and just having AG composites build me either an alpine hunter or adjustable hunter and just eating the 10 ounces and 4-5 month lead time.

The LRH does not have an ejection port cutout. The action sits higher thus there is no need for the port cut. Here is a pic of my wife’s Mack Bros EVO in the LRH.

Attachments

• 327D6EDC-1397-452A-BF0F-A23B0FC4C110.jpeg
    327D6EDC-1397-452A-BF0F-A23B0FC4C110.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 303
  • DA141A7E-0AF1-448C-BB56-815C9F686949.jpeg
    DA141A7E-0AF1-448C-BB56-815C9F686949.jpeg
    651.7 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: 4O6shootist
You bet sir!!!! Glad to help. Good luck with your sale!

Does anyone know the weight of an SA LRH with mini chassis? Debating between this and the EH1. Thanks!

My wife’s rifle pictured above came in at 6.3lbs as you see it. It has a 22” Proof Sendero on it.

Anyone have a pic of the mini chassis? Is it low pro like Hawkins M5 hunter style, or tactical with barricade stop?

H
The LRH does not have an ejection port cutout. The action sits higher thus there is no need for the port cut. Here is a pic of my wife’s Mack Bros EVO in the LRH.
How's the evo feel after having it cerakote? I have a few, debating getting a paint job, just don't want to add unwanted bind when running the bolt. Cerakote a Tikka once, all that smooth as glass Tikka sensation was gone.

I own about a dozen EVO’s and in complete honesty I can tell you that they are as smooth as ever with Cerakote on them. Obviously do not paint the bolt. I am not a fan of any metallic flake Cerakote colors though. Any of the titanium, cobalt, burnt bronze type of stuff all feels gritty to me. Normal earth tones blacks, tans, greens feel great! These are my opinions though.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
H
How's the evo feel after having it cerakote? I have a few, debating getting a paint job, just don't want to add unwanted bind when running the bolt. Cerakote a Tikka once, all that smooth as glass Tikka sensation was gone.
It will not have a slick feeling at all, you will need to cycle the action a lot to break in the coating to get anywhere close to what it was prior to coating. Some will completely disagree with me saying this, but I have sprayed gallons of the shit and have painted about anything you can think of relating to firearms and even automotive parts.

It is a bedding block that requires the use of a bottom metal. So you can use either style you want.
I know what a mini chassis is, have a manners tcs with one. They have multiple versions of mini chassis, wondering which one is used on the lrh, as it's intended a light weight long range hunting stock.

I know what a mini chassis is, have a manners tcs with one. They have multiple versions of mini chassis, wondering which one is used on the lrh, as it's intended a light weight long range hunting stock.
You clearly dont know what it is, the LRH mini chassis doesn't have a bottom metal built into it. It is just a bedding block that you have to use your own bottom metal.

Reactions: pangelos
You clearly dont know what it is, the LRH mini chassis doesn't have a bottom metal built into it. It is just a bedding block that you have to use your own bottom metal.
Appreciate the info. Manners should probably call it something else than, cuz thats not chassis at all. Sounds like a fancy Bell and Carlson bed block . Seems kinda pointless, I'll order one that I can pillar/glass bed as I'll have to supply a bottom metal anyway.

Reactions: locotrician
Appreciate the info. Manners should probably call it something else than, cuz thats not chassis at all. Sounds like a fancy Bell and Carlson bed block . Seems kinda pointless, I'll order one that I can pillar/glass bed as I'll have to supply a bottom metal anyway.
I wouldn’t consider it pointless, i like the idea of the chassis over bedding if i ever wanna put a different action in the stock. And a bedding job costs as much or more as the chassis if you have it done professionally. So you’re really not saving any money with having it bedded imo.

Reactions: jmw
One of the nice features of the Manners M5 BDL mini chassis is that one can convert their hunting rifle that say has a bdl bottom metal in it over to a DBM setup in just a few seconds. For the guys like me who really like to hunt the flush BDL bottom metal makes the most sense. But when I want to go to the range and bang steel, being able to switch over to a 10 round BDM is nice. The LRH fits the needs of several shooting types off of 1 platform with a bottom metal swap. 1 rig to accomplish all types of shooting. It’s genius if you think about really, maybe not to all but to a lot of folks this stock can be a do all setup from hunting to NRL shooting.

Reactions: walleye slayer
I wouldn’t consider it pointless, i like the idea of the chassis over bedding if i ever wanna put a different action in the stock. And a bedding job costs as much or more as the chassis if you have it done professionally. So you’re really not saving any money with having it bedded imo.
Ehh depends I guess. Truth on the ability to switch an action. Ive had big brand-name chassis that needed bed though too, especially with heavy recoil hunting magnums, the lug is always a good idea, they've all been magnesium though. I have pillar bed a few stocks, and also am good friends with a very good smith who will likely do it at much cheaper price than normal. My situation may be different from average stock buyer. Now I do know manners had sneak peeks of a carbon fiber bed block and carbon arca rail a while back. That's something I'd be interested in.
Screenshot_20220412-085156_Instagram.jpg

It won’t be long before we see the carbon fiber ARCA/mini chassis. Cool things to come for sure.

It won’t be long before we see the carbon fiber ARCA/mini chassis. Cool things to come for sure.
I don’t think I’d want a carbon arca. Would get chewed up too much and wouldn’t be as strong as a machined aluminum part because of how brittle it is. The mini chassis is a cool idea if it proves to be repeatable and able to hold zero.