• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners MCS-CS

cro789

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2008
    TN
    I am looking at this stock to finish out my short barreled rifle. I have a Rem 700 with a 16" 308 that I am looking for a compact stock. I am a short fella with a LOP of 13". Would like to put the rifle in a backpack or just be small enough to take hunting. I will also be running a Thunder Beast can.

I built my son’s first rifle on one, with the idea that it would grow with him. He’s since outgrown it, but I like it so much I’m making a backpack/truck gun out of it. The stock adjustments are solid. I kind of wish the cheek piece adjustment was of a different design, but with some playing around with the spacers and a small stock pack it’s good. Note that the forend of the stock is short, by design, but some people who have held mine found it not to their liking. Overall, I like it, and if you want a more classic stock shape rather than a chassis, it’s a very good option.
    Doc

Doc. Are talking about the MDT chassis or a different one

I pretty sure he is talking about the Manners MCS-CS.

The MDT HNT26 has a more traditional cheek riser and what seems a standard length forearm. I installed a barreled action in one for a friend. I don’t care for chassis that much, but if I were to own one it would be a HNT26.

PS - the hinge on the folder is adjustable. You can adjust out any tolerance from wear. The lock-up is solid ans will remain that way if you adjust it over time. Awesome design here!

Ok I see. I will look at the MDT as well

I had an MCS-CS for a while that I have sold. I also love a short LOP being as I'm a short fella.

My takeaways from the CS are as follows:

1. The forend is way too short. I couldnt sling the rifle because the front sling point landed too far back.

2. The adjustable LOP is cool, and it does make the rifle a little more compact, but it definitely weighs somethin, and it doesn't make it THAT much more compact.

3. The grip was great, manners has nailed the grip on this.

Bottom line, I shoulda ordered an EH1 or an LRH and just gotten a custom LOP. Thats the direction I'm goin next.

Attachments

• 20210720_155757.jpg
      20210720_155757.jpg
      621.5 KB · Views: 495
    • 20210720_155944.jpg
      20210720_155944.jpg
      649.6 KB · Views: 603
    • 20210917_165648.jpg
      20210917_165648.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 434
    What length barrel is that? I will be running a 16”

I had one for my kids to use and agree with alot of what is already said. The forend was a little too short for me and the grip was a little too big for my kids. I liked the stock, but it had a few short commings.

The newer version looks nice and might be worth trying again.

I’ve got a Manners CS-2 - worth noting that’s basically a T2 with adjustable LOP. Mine was right about 2.7 lbs with CF shell before adding a mini chassis or spacers for height. It’s a great stock to shoot, and I can transition LOP between my son and me quickly and easily (which is why I got it). With a Proof 20” CF on it, the bare rifle weight was around 7.5 lbs using an ARC Nuc G2.