• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners MCS-DBM Mini Chassis & Howa 1500

Salmo22

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2010
Arizona
I'm planning all the parts and pieces for a 223 predator hunting rifle. Thinking about using a Howa 1500 with a Manners MCS-T stock. Does the new Manners MCS-DBM mini chassis work with the Howa 1500?

Thanks.

Re: Manners MCS-DBM Mini Chassis & Howa 1500

I'm using the same stock on a short barreled .223. I skipped over detachable magazines though as i'm trying to make mine light.

Edit: CDI is the only one i know of that makes the system for Howa actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmo22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning all the parts and pieces for a 223 predator hunting rifle. Thinking about using a Howa 1500 with a Manners MCS-T stock. Does the new Manners MCS-DBM mini chassis work with the Howa 1500?

Thanks. </div></div> Hi Salmo22, As of now we are only offering the mini chassis for the remington 700 based short and long actions, and badger 2008 short and long actions. We have looked at other actions, but it will depend on the demand if we produce them. Thank you very much,

Hi Tom- Off topic, but I recently saw one of your stocks with a 2-2.5" pic rail installed my MCS in the fore end (did not look like the Accushot or Seekins rails).

It is the exact size I need and does not have a provision for a sling swivel.

Are they available seperately?

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmo22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning all the parts and pieces for a 223 predator hunting rifle. Thinking about using a Howa 1500 with a Manners MCS-T stock. Does the new Manners MCS-DBM mini chassis work with the Howa 1500?

Thanks. </div></div> Hi Salmo22, As of now we are only offering the mini chassis for the remington 700 based short and long actions, and badger 2008 short and long actions. We have looked at other actions, but it will depend on the demand if we produce them. Thank you very much, </div></div>
Hey Thomas;

Thanks much for the clarification. Add me to your list of those wanting a Howa chasis.

Take care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Tom- Off topic, but I recently saw one of your stocks with a 2-2.5" pic rail installed my MCS in the fore end (did not look like the Accushot or Seekins rails).

It is the exact size I need and does not have a provision for a sling swivel.

Are they available seperately?
Thanks. </div></div>It sounds like the badger rail, nice and short. We can send one out to you but the bolt spacing is only 2.050". we usally try and install them at the very tip of the forend. You can always send your stock back and we can get you fixed up. Thank you

thomas if that mcs-t2 or t1 model comes with that mini chassis for under 800 on the howa action i would be interested. but with dbm price added you begin getting in pete lincoln price range and a folding dbm full chasis becomes very apealing. if i could see a dbm minichasis 60% fill or better for around 800 i would be sold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmo22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning all the parts and pieces for a 223 predator hunting rifle. Thinking about using a Howa 1500 with a Manners MCS-T stock. Does the new Manners MCS-DBM mini chassis work with the Howa 1500?

Thanks. </div></div> Hi Salmo22, As of now we are only offering the mini chassis for the remington 700 based short and long actions, and badger 2008 short and long actions. We have looked at other actions, but it will depend on the demand if we produce them. Thank you very much, </div></div>

Just speaking out as evidence of "demand". Would like to use the Manners stock with mini chassis for a Howa 1500, but if not available, may move to some other solution.

- Phil