• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Manners MCS-T?

verrocchio100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2003
Pac-O
Hey fellas, who's using a Manners MCST on their hunting rig?

How do you like it?

Did you opt for the carbon fiber option?

What barrel contour are you using?

I am guessing with the 1.75" forend, something like a #4 or #5 oughta be just right?

Pics appreciated!

Re: Manners MCS-T?

I'm running the MCS-T on my switch barrel hunting rifle.

I love it and I did get the carbon fiber option.

I went with Rock Creek #5 sporter contour finished @ 22"

Don't have many pics other than this rifle and coyote

Hope this helps.

You mean like this?

Ummm love it...

No carbon for me...

IMG_20111125_161939touchup.jpg

Really like my MCS-T...building another in 7-08.

Yes, went with the 90% carbon fiber because it was lighter. My barrel is an M24 contour but once again went with a lighter option on the barrel.

For a hunting rig with a typical steel barrel, I would do a #3 or 4 contour just for weight but a #5 would work fine as well. Some of my country is pretty steep so weight matters to me.

Here's a few pics....

08muledeerinthefield.jpg

P1010049.jpg

Thanks fellas!

Hey Frank any idea what your rig weighs in at sans optics?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verrocchio100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks fellas!

Hey Frank any idea what your rig weighs in at sans optics?

Thanks!</div></div>

She weighs in @ 11.5 lbs. (Bathroom scale) Thats everything including 10rds of ammo in the stock pad. My pad has ammo loops inside and out. Not sure what she weighs naked.

my LTR with a Jewell trigger in a MCS-T
scope is a USO 3-17

I am toying with the idea of going to a lighter scope for hunting and moving the USO to a dedicated LR gun

I really, really like the stock

rangedaymay22008.jpg

with a Leupold FFP 4-14x50, barrel painted green
tgrmanners1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like this?

Ummm love it...

No carbon for me...

</div></div>

cocadori, that gun looks vaguely familiar!! How is it shooting for you??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
rangedaymay22008.jpg
</div></div>

Neat rifle...what's your barrel length?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like this?

Ummm love it...

No carbon for me...

</div></div>

cocadori, that gun looks vaguely familiar!! How is it shooting for you?? </div></div>

HA!..it does does it..

Honestly...it is a HAMMER!... Screwed the suppressor back on after the deer season and threw in a mag of 5 and shot a .244 group from the bi-pod at 100 meters...
The thing flat out shoots anytime anywhere!

Love the thing.. my goto anytime stick!

another vote for the mcs-t i have one on my hunting rifle (260) and love it. if i had it to do over again i would have gotten a mcst-a

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like this?

Ummm love it...

No carbon for me...

</div></div>

can you give the details / specs on your rifle?

cocadori, that gun looks vaguely familiar!! How is it shooting for you?? </div></div>

HA!..it does does it..

Honestly...it is a HAMMER!... Screwed the suppressor back on after the deer season and threw in a mag of 5 and shot a .244 group from the bi-pod at 100 meters...

Love the thing.. my goto anytime stick! </div></div>

can you provide the details/specs on your rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like this?

Ummm love it...

No carbon for me...

</div></div>

can you give the details / specs on your rifle?

HA!..it does does it..

Love the thing.. my goto anytime stick! </div></div>

can you provide the details/specs on your rifle? </div></div>

Basically a GAP Rock

Remmy Action trued by GAP
Badger detach system
Remmy trigger tuned by GAP
Bartlein 11.25 twist M40 contour 24" and a break

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Basically a GAP Rock

Badger detach system
Bartlein 11.25 twist M40 contour 24" and a break </div></div>

Any idea what your rig weighs? Looking to get into LR shooting and want a rifle that is more dual purpose as I'll prob have to sell my hunting rifle to buy a rem 700 and get it setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Diss ones mine.

aa04f652.jpg
</div></div>

That looks familiar...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Diss ones mine.

aa04f652.jpg
</div></div>

hey dude...thanks again for the nice glock sale. can i get some details on your rifle there?

A lot of nice rifles in this thread.

I'm waiting on a 25-06 that's being built in an mcs-t. It should be finished soon...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Basically a GAP Rock

Badger detach system

Any idea what your rig weighs? Looking to get into LR shooting and want a rifle that is more dual purpose as I'll prob have to sell my hunting rifle to buy a rem 700 and get it setup. </div></div>

I'd definitely call this a dual purpose. I wouldn't be afraid to run this to 1K and be MOA or sub MOA.

Took a nice Whitetail with it as well.

I'd venture to say 10-12 lbs. But I can weight it to be sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cocadori</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Basically a GAP Rock

Badger detach system

Any idea what your rig weighs? Looking to get into LR shooting and want a rifle that is more dual purpose as I'll prob have to sell my hunting rifle to buy a rem 700 and get it setup. </div></div>

I'd definitely call this a dual purpose. I wouldn't be afraid to run this to 1K and be MOA or sub MOA.

Took a nice Whitetail with it as well.

I'd venture to say 10-12 lbs. But I can weight it to be sure. </div></div>

Does it have the adjustable cheek or something else under the stock pack?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Diss ones mine.

aa04f652.jpg
</div></div>

hey dude...thanks again for the nice glock sale. can i get some details on your rifle there?
</div></div>
Bunch of info on it here.

Basically rem 700 varmint 243 in the manners mcs-t

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads....rue#Post3039720

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Does it have the adjustable cheek or something else under the stock pack? </div></div>

Nope.

Had to build it up jut a hair under the pack.

Rem Varmint barreled action, cut to 22"....

13.5 lbs all loaded up. 90% carbon shell, but has the MCS chassis in it. Looking back, wished I had just gone BDL.

Absolutely love the T stock!!!

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG04071.jpg

The MCS-T is great on a hunting rig.

Here's my UGSW Kukri (posing with my Dad over a fresh 450yd kill). I wanted a lightweight rig that could still reach out and touch. 18" barrel, MCS-T with Carbon Fiber fill, topped with a NF 2.5-10x24

BOAR_100811_2.jpg

6.5x47L
MCS-T
Rem700 trued
Krieger #5 @ 22"
Thruster brake
Leupold MK4 M5
ce622861.jpg