• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners mini-chassis and Hawkins hunter mag w/Origin?

Genin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2004
Williamsport, Pa
So I’ve seen that you can use the Hawkins hunter mags with the Manners gen1 mini chassis, but my question pertains to something that Hawkins states on their site. They claim that Rem long actions and Origin long actions may need the feed ramp opened up to work properly with their bottom metal and magazines (this is only for the long action).

That being said, if you are using a manners mini chassis and a Hawkins precision hunter mag long action, would you still need to modify your origin action or is that only if using Hawkins bottom metal? Anyone have experience with this?

I don’t know if this is any useful knowledge for your question. I used the Hawkins hunter with the mini chassis manners and arc Archimedes LA in 270 win. Zero issues feeding with the hunter magazine. Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Genin
I don’t know if this is any useful knowledge for your question. I used the Hawkins hunter with the mini chassis manners and arc Archimedes LA in 270 win. Zero issues feeding with the hunter magazine. Hope this is helpful.
Thank you. For some reason they only have Rem and Origins listed as an issue on their site so it has to be specific to those actions.

Reactions: Simonsza1
A bit late on this but I recently chased this down for my own project. The problem is the early Origin actions. Mine is in the 2300's and was affected. It has to do with how the magwell is machined.
CFE-5Fig1-600x450-1.jpg

In order to use the Hawkins Hunter DBM your reciever needs to be machined flat like the top one in the picture. Mine looked like the bottom one and would not work with the Hunter DBM. Not sure when they changed the magwell profile but later actions will work. I ended up using the Grayboe bottom metal and a 3 round Accurate Mag for my 300wm. Also, I believe this only affects long actions.
20230813_124308.jpg

Reactions: Genin