• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners mini chassis question

Nitrosteel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2018
GA
Looking at ordering the following:

Manners EH1
Defiance Rebel long action

If I order the stock with the bdl mini chassis can I order HS PRECISION detachable magazine kit and install later (assuming I decide to go this route over the hinged floorplate option)?

Also, if I have chose the Defiance magazine cut as “hinged floorplate” - will it matter if I switch to the detachable magazine later?

1. BDL inlets are not compatible with any AICS-compatible bottom metals that I’m aware of. That said there are the HS Precision and Wyatt’s non-AICS-compatible bottom metals for their proprietary magazines.

2. Without the BDL feed lips, you effectively can’t make internal box magazines work without a lot of extra work. The BDL feed lips don’t interfere with center-feeding detachable magazines.

I’ve been looking for an M5-inlet-compatible bottom metal that’s also compatible with Wyatt’s extended internal box magazines, so I can swap between detachable and internal magazines for range/competition/etc and hunting. I definitely prioritize the detachable though. (At my current rate of unsuccessful searches I’m probably just going to design and machine my own grumble grumble.)