• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Manners mini chassis slight issue...

hyena74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2011
Springfield, MO
I got a manners stock with a mini chassis in the other day. I bolt my stock remington in it and it fit fine but when i tried to insert the magazine, it would get hung up on the receiver.

if you push at the front of the mag it would lock in, but if you press in the middle or rear of magazine, it wont pop into place and hangs up on the receiver.

here is the part it is hanging up on...its hard to see, but this is as close as i could find on an internet picture. this pic only shows part of it, but it is basically a flat part of the receiver about 1/4 x 1/2 inch right below the bolt face.

is there a name for this part of the receiver?

secondly, how to i fix my problem? all i can think of is to file the receiver there until it is even with the mini chassis (i just really hate taking a file to an unfired gun) or else try to bed the lug with the action pulled forward a little.

anyway, here is a pic of the area circled..most of the area is hidden by the bolt though.

thanks

Hell of a lot of brass on that bolt face for an "unfired rifle" File back that part of the receiver, its not an uncommon problem.

His post reads that he found the picture online to use for demonstrative purposes.

I would file the receiver or send it to Manners to have it done for you.

Well, i filed the receiver with a mini Harbor Freight file set and then took a dremel, mini polishing wheel, and turtle way and polished the area to a mirror finish. It works perfectly now.

Thanks for the help.