• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners prototype M1A stock

USGUNWORKS

30calsniper
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Back in Mizzery baby!!
Tom and I have prototyped an M1A stock based on the T4-A. We are looking for feedback and checking interest to see if we want to put it into production.

Please post comments or questions here.

jun092025.jpg

jun092028.jpg

jun092031.jpg

jun092032.jpg

Re: Manners prototype M1A stock

Looks great! I would definitely be interested. I am really enjoying my T4 I got a few weeks ago.

OK, OK..... You don't have to beg... Send me one and I'll tell you how I like it.
laugh.gif

Nice. What does it weigh? My JAE is so f-ing heavy I would buy one in a heartbeat.

We are still doing cost analysis. There are some bugs to work out before ill know exactly how much it will cost to manufacture.

Jason, I plan to do some shooting with it to get a feel for how it performs. You should make another trip up here!

rwest, As it sits now, it weighs roughly the same as a standard T4A. I will get an overall weight today.

Wow, that looks great! if I had a M1A, I would most def. get one.

Does the stock have a frame for bedding or would it have to be bedded? I was looking at a JAE or McMillan, and this would be a great alternative.

Looks great ! Willl it accommodate a rear lugged reciever ( Super macth ) with a heavy barrel contour ? Bedding required ? I would be very interested in one.

Mike

that is probably one of the sharpest looking stocks on a M1A I have seen

Yeah, my JAE is a tank, and a little overly complicated - this one is slick - I'd be interested.

and i sold my m1a in '06 due a car wreak and need a new truck ! very nice stock -now will have a drop-in bedding set up so no ''east over shoe commandos'' need to fool with it? the wieght is one thing of the stock and bedding is the other a very happy mid-ground needs to made here.

My only concern is cheek wield. Does it adjust high enough for use of a scope?

I'd love to finger that bitch Todd.... I've always liked the T4A stock, was wanting a SAGE EBR for my M1A, but now......
confused.gif

Truly badass! I would order an MIA just to run that stock
wink.gif

Todd, Mega had me drooling over that stock last night when I got the pic its not cool to tease me an Mega like that we actually need to be able to play you know?? LOL

wow does that thing looks kick ass!

We are working on the bedding block idea. We want to make it as much of a drop in as possible. The problem we are facing is the variation between manufacturers specs. If we cant come up with a cost effective block, it may have to be a bed in. I am getting the impression from this thread that most people are going to want a drop in though. Thats why I posted it up. We want to know what you guys want.

The cheek adjusts plenty high. Even for my little head

I think we could accommodate for heavy barrels without much trouble. Adjusting for any differences in the receivers will depend on if and how we design a bedding block.

i would also be intrested , if it will fit a supermatch. very nice

Looks damn nice to me. Way to go boys!

Who are you marketing this toward?

It looks like a great rig if you want something that is more akin to sitting at bench, riding in bags, or a rest.

I have MCM M3A. Things I don't like - weight number one. Cheek piece shoots loose constantly. Cost (including bedding). Width of front end is a little narrow. I don't want it as wide as an A5 but a hint wider wouldn't be bad.

I don't think the void is another, but differently shaped accuracy producing, expensive stock - drop in or not. I think the real hole in the market is represented by those folks that would take a USGI fiberglass stock, add stiffeners, bed it and add a cheek piece from Karsten. Something as light, rigid, and accurate as possible. Drop in makes it accessible to all.

ETA:

If a manufacturer is going to go through the effort of adding a lot of structure, weight and hardware to a cheek piece for an M14(clone) the least they could do is provide an actual lockout since you won't be removing it for cleaning.

Overall it makes more sense to create a simple lightweight cheek piece like Karsten's.

In general - I'm thinking accurate walking gun able to handle optics as opposed to heavy weight range toy.

Just me.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I think the real hole in the market is represented by those folks that would take a USGI fiberglass stock, add stiffeners, bed it and add a cheek piece from Karsten. Something as light, rigid, and accurate as possible. Drop in makes it accessible to all.
</span>
Just me.

Good luck </div></div>

I like this stock, but you hit the nail on the head with this.

Looks sharp! Been considering an M1 for awhile! It's an awesome battle weapon, but don't think I'd chase sub MOA accuracy with one like I see many frustrated owners doing! Have seen more than a few shoot bugholes, but at a hefty cost!

We have decided to move forward with the bedding block to make it a drop in. Moon gave me a great idea as to how to make it work.

I weighed mine last night. With scope installed it is 12.9 lbs.

you just made me want to go out and buy an m1a. I would definitely get one if i had the boom part of it

Wow thats awesome!!! I need to get another M1a if you produce that to throw that puppy on it!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only concern is cheek wield. Does it adjust high enough for use of a scope? </div></div>

Does it adjust low enough for iron sights?

There Is a rear hole for stud. I dont run one most of the time. I like the flush cups. We will offer cups/studs for these just the same as any other model.

The cheek does adjust low enough for irons.

I have never liked the M1A due to the stock. That stock there changes my mind completely about owning one.