• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners PRS-2

Mauser06

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2020
NW Pennsylvania
Looking for feedback on the Manners PRS-2 stock.

I am looking at a stock that'll work well in various shooting situations.

Off a bipod, off barricades and such, standing, prone, sitting, kneeling...sometimes off a benchrest.

I THINK that stock checks all the blocks and aughta serve me well.

Basically, I wanna play with long range...but don't have time to compete or run multiple rigs....so looking for something that isn't set to a specific style like a bench rest stock etc.

Also open to other suggestions if anyone has one.

Thanx!

Thanx! That thumb dimple does look functional....

Only thing about ordering one is the wait....but, haven't seen a used one pop up that'll work for the build either. Might have to suck it up and wait it out. Order it how I want it. Buy once cry once hopefully. Lol

Reactions: rydah
Thanx! That thumb dimple does look functional....

Only thing about ordering one is the wait....but, haven't seen a used one pop up that'll work for the build either. Might have to suck it up and wait it out. Order it how I want it. Buy once cry once hopefully. Lol

For a shorter wait, it looks like Manners has 4 of them available in their "flat top" offerings right now:

Reactions: Mauser06
Southern custom, no argument there. That's usually the case. Good things are often in demand!

Stone bridge, I've considered it. If it were a wood stock, I'd actually consider it. I build flintlock rifles from slabs of wood. Don't know a thing about inletting a carbon fiber stock lol. And, if I'd go to a gunsmith, I'm back to waiting and likely higher cost. (Maybe I'm wrong there..??...don't know much about it or who does it...)

The wait doesn't really effect me a ton. I've waited 33 years to shoot 1000yds. Another half a year or so won't make much difference lol.

Edit..... Boy. Should have clicked that link Stone bridge supplied.....had no idea they were flat tops ready to be inlet BY them. Hmmmm.

Will do! Oddly enough they had black or midnight camo and I always sorta liked the midnight the best aside from some of their more custom ordered stuff. So, that's what I went with.

Kelbly Atlas Tactical
Seekins m5 bottom metal
Bartlein #13 barrel
6.5x47 Lapua chambered by Kelblys.
Probably a fat bassturd brake
Probably triggertech diamond
Probably run my Vortex HST on top till I save more pennies....lol

Looking forward to the finished rifle.

The prs 2 is great but I prefer the prs1 because the prs2 has that hook that I sometimes have difficulty with when shooting with a rear bag but they both great

I believe prs-1 has the hook. PRS-2 does not. Unless Manners has it wrong on their website lol.

I didn't want the butthook for that reason....and why I went with PRS-2 over PRS-1.

Reactions: Jspeed1440
Build is finalized.

-PRS-2 in midnight camo
-Kelbly Atlas Tactical
-Bix'n Andy Dakota (may change that later but I don't wanna go too light yet and Kelblys has a special
-Kelblys new self timing brake. So new they had to figure out the price lol
-Seekins M5 Precision DBM bottom metal (I am a bedding kinda guy....just am. Lol)
-Bartlein #13 Sendero..little lighter than what a lot of guys run but I didn't wanna go really heavy
-Chambered by Kelblys in 6.5x47 Lapua throated for heavys.
-Seekins rings
-Vortex HST 6-24x50 for now.

Should have the stock and barreled action by the end of July.

Pretty excited as it's my first custom and first "precision rifle".

Always wanted to shoot long range and really never had the opportunity due to lack of a long range to shoot. Now, I do. So... going to start and learn and have fun.

Don't have time to compete or get super serious but might make time to shoot locally if I can hit anything...lol

Reactions: Stonebridge
Sounds like an awesome build. I started with an HS-T on my rifle and moved to a PST Gen II - that’s a surprisingly big jump in glass quality, adds FFP, and much more forgiving eye relief. Currently saving for a Razor Gen II.

Is Manners inletting flat tops for the mini chassis? You may have spent my money too.

Sounds like an awesome build. I started with an HS-T on my rifle and moved to a PST Gen II - that’s a surprisingly big jump in glass quality, adds FFP, and much more forgiving eye relief. Currently saving for a Razor Gen II.

Is Manners inletting flat tops for the mini chassis? You may have spent my money too.

Yep. You can select it in the "bottom metal" drop-down. All generations/variations available.

Reactions: Feesh
Freesh, yes Manners is doing all options on flat tops and in much quicker time. Only "issue" is you're color options may be limited.

I had no idea about that option till Stone Bridge pointed it out ...and spent my money. Lol.

Pretty slick deal if you aren't picky on color.

I noticed right away the eye relief on the HST wasn't what I like. Besides the rifle, I just dumped a bunch of cash into my shop wall repair....and I need to splurge for a better scale....so, for now, the HST will atleast get me shooting.

Honestly, with my life, I won't get time to get serious till February lol. Right around the time it is ready to shoot, the catfishing will be heating back up....then rolls right into hunting season. I will dabble...but till after hunting seasons wind down, I probably won't get serious.