• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Manners prs stock.

DKing11316

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2017
Florida
Went in to manners today and looked at the prs 1&2 stocks. Undecided on which of the two to order. Any opinions on butt hook or not. Also would like feedback on the barricade system, if you have one is it useful/worth it? Thanks in advance!

Don't have either, but I don't use a butt hook for my support hand but rather for gross bag adjustment.. it's nice to have the 2 separate "levels for modified prone stages. Much faster than adjusting a bipod under the clock.

Do you think the angled stock on the PRS 1 would be quicker to adjust then the multiple levels on the PRS 2?on the PRS 1 seems you would have quicker adjustment been using the butt hook

Not a fan of butt hooks. I like the slight angled stock as it works good for me for adjusting height when needed. It's a personal preference thing though as some like it. The butt hook came back in the 2000s when it was thought to be good to be used with just the hand reaching under and hooking into the inlet and pushing into shoulder. Don't know many people who use it as such. I am sure some do. Never liked it myself to be using a rear bag as it doesn't give much room for bag placement before the bag drops into the hook. When dropping fast into a position i don;t want to have to worry about that. My preference.

The barricade system is very nice. Never used one in a match but played with it and having always just slammed the mag into the barricade it's nice to have a block to stop the pressure on the barricade where you want it as opposed to just the magazine area. I would get it if you plan on using it in matches.

Don't have either, but I don't use a butt hook for my support hand but rather for gross bag adjustment.. it's nice to have the 2 separate "levels for modified prone stages. Much faster than adjusting a bipod under the clock.

I am the same. I never use the butthook for it's intended use.

As far as the barricade stop, I would take a look at the Ingenuity gunworks rail. I just sent my t4-a with Tom at the gap grind so he could intlet my stocks for them.

Thanks for the replies. I will look into ingenuity rail system as I shoot a t4a now that could work in place of the prs stock