• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Manners prs1 l.o.p. Question

Dirt Nap

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2014
AZ
I’m about to order a prs1 from Altus Shooting because they have one in stock. This will be my first custom so I’m new to this. They question I have is about my lop. Im 6’6” and I know standard length won’t fit me. My gunsmith says I’d be better off going straight to Manners to get it exactly for me. I’m impatient though! Can’t the stock be lengthened or is that a bad idea? What’s the turnaround time at Manners roughly? Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx

I talked to Tom about that last year. From what was told to me anything 14" or longer you'd have to get the adjustable LOP system added if under 14" ( like 13.75") they'll add a spacer. I'd venture to guess turn around time would be around a month or so but going straight to the source would probably be best.

Reactions: Dirt Nap
I talked to Tom about that last year. From what was told to me anything 14" or longer you'd have to get the adjustable LOP system added if under 14" ( like 13.75") they'll add a spacer. I'd venture to guess turn around time would be around a month or so but going straight to the source would probably be best.
What’s the best way to figure out my lop at home? Any suggestions?

Measure from the crook of your elbow to where your index finger can engage the trigger and subtract .25 - .50" off that measurement. That'll give you a good starting point on what you'll find comfortable and works for you.