• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Manners question

Jakeweb09

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
I’m looking at picking up a manners LRH with mini dbm mini chassis, I’ve never had a manners with a mini chassis at all so not positive on exactly the way they interact with the bottom metal. Says I need a M5 dbm to complete the stock, now would a Hawkins M5 Oberndorf work in this stock or would I be limited to the standard m5/ and M5 hunter?

The oberndorf is a floorplate style like a traditional hunting rifle. If you want detachable mags, you want their standard m5 DBM.

The oberndorf is a floorplate style like a traditional hunting rifle. If you want detachable mags, you want their standard m5 DBM.
I know the Oberndorf is a floor plate style. Im asking if the m5 Oberndorf will work the the mini chassis.
The description says “
Equipped with MCS-M5 Mini Chassis (SA M5 DBM needed
to complete rifle. Sold separately)”

So I know the m5 dbm and hunter should work. I’m just curious if the m5 Oberndorf will work. I know it works in standard stocks cut for m5 dbm but not sure if it interfaces with the manners mini chassis in a compatible way

Is there a particular reason you feel that way? I'm deliberating right now and was leaning towards no mini chassis to save weight.
You should bed the action without the mini chassis, but you are right it saves weight and that’s part of the goal with the LRH stock.

Is there a particular reason you feel that way? I'm deliberating right now and was leaning towards no mini chassis to save weight.
I just got one with the mini chassis and was amazed how light it is. I would have one and save weight elsewhere.

if you consider a rifle just over 12 pounds with a scope on it and nothing else, light!

Go to manners website, and look for specifications and they will show you weight of every stock plus the weight of the chassis. I have two with gen2 mini chassis. I have a creed with 22" sendero barrel, nightforce nx8 4x32x50 scope, seekins rings, AI brake, and empty 5 round mag, it weighs 12.2 pounds with a manners eh1a stock. My eh6a prc 6.5 carbon proof with a razor gen 2 4x27x56 weighs 13.8, I think, but the scope weighs 3 pounds(48 ounces) by it self, when compared to the nightforce that weighs 28 ounces. I have a vortex lht 4x22x50 coming that weighs 21 ounces weight can be saved many ways, I like the chassis because it is more stable, no need for bedding in glass, I can switch the stock out with other actions and not worry about it.