• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stock barrel channel

krimet

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2019
Quick question for you guys. I'm going back and forth on the barrel channel for a Manners stock order. I've read through various posts that some people just order their stocks with a wide (MTU) channel so that they can use whatever barrel contour. How many of you guys are doing that? If you are doing that, do you happen to have pics of what the gap looks like when you run with something like a sendero or medium palma? Has anyone gone that direction and regretted it?

I buy the contour that fits my barrel. When I've needed to open up the stock for a larger barrel, I'll grab my socket set, sand paper, and in about 15 minutes I'm ready to roll. The barrel channels are super easy to open-up.

Actually have a Manners with an MTU channel and a Med Palma in it. Below is a pic. When i order a stock now I just use an M24 contour as I don't use anything heavier than that anymore. That said as mentioned it's pretty easy to open one up.

h0v4uaI.jpg
wzAiHOl.jpg
1EWYind.jpg

Appreciate the pics. Even with the gap, it looks fine to me.

It is. Bigger barrel in smaller gap is an issue but smaller barrel in bigger is fine.

Reactions: OG10