• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Stock question? Help

NJOutfitters

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
North Carolina
I purchased a Bighorn TL3 SA and a
PROOF Research Bighorn TL3 Carbon Fiber Prefit Barrels
(Barrel Specs: 6.5 PRC/Carbon Sendero/24" from ALTUS.

Will this Stock and Chassis fit my barreled action properly?
Manners TA SPECS

• Right Hand Defiance Deviant Medium Action Inlet (Remington 700 SA Footprint)
  • PROOF Research Carbon Fiber Sendero Barrel Contour
  • Manners Gen 2 MCS-DBM Mini-Chassis
  • 100% Carbon Fiber Elite Tactical Shell
  • 1" Pachmayer Decel Pad
  • 1 Bipod Stud Front
  • 2 Flush Cups Left Hand Side
  • 1 5 Round AICS Style Magazine Included

Short answer, Yes.

There may be minor differences between inlets (usually ejection port length or bolt release), but it's not a huge deal. If also purchasing the stock from Altus, they can rework the inlet for a TL3. I had them do this for me and it was ~ $75. My PRS2 fit the TL3 like a glove.

You shouldn’t have any problems but I don’t have your same setup. Maybe someone who has one closer to yours will chime in. The tl3 has a remy footprint and the Sendero/varmint contour is like 1.250” for 3-4” from the action to .830” at muzzle for a total of 26” barrel length. It should drop right in but..... you never know. I tried to find the dimensions but didn’t have any luck. Manners will have the dimensions so you could call them. Altus will be able to help you out too. Great bunch of shooters at Altus and they can assemble it for you if you want. Good luck brother

Reactions: NJOutfitters
There will need to be some work done around the bolt handle area. The Deviant is swept, TL3 is straight. I own both actions and have had Manners do a “hybrid” cut on my stocks to accommodate either.

Reactions: jcmullis2
There will need to be some work done around the bolt handle area. The Deviant is swept, TL3 is straight. I own both actions and have had Manners do a “hybrid” cut on my stocks to accommodate either.
I’m glad you were able to help him out. The Defiance deviant part is somewhat confusing in the post. I figured it was a typo/cut paste mess up because he bought a tl3. Regardless, Manners or Altus is the solution to all of this and for few bucks it’ll fit like a glove.