• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stock question

TRPrecision

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2018
    GA
    I am putting a rifle together for another new PRS shooter and need some help with stock selection. She wants to shoot traditional stock, but has very small hands and does not fit well on many of the options out there. She likes my Bravo and is comfortable with the grip, but wants a Manners and has a good bit of gift card credit with them.
    Can any of you here with any of the following stocks or similar models tell me the measured distance from the trigger face to the front of the vertical area of the grip?
    T2-A / T2-A GAP,
    T4-A / T4-A TEAM,
    PRS1/ PRS1T
    PRS2

Thanks for any help you can offer

I am putting a rifle together for another new PRS shooter and need some help with stock selection. She wants to shoot traditional stock, but has very small hands and does not fit well on many of the options out there. She likes my Bravo and is comfortable with the grip, but wants a Manners and has a good bit of gift card credit with them.
    Can any of you here with any of the following stocks or similar models tell me the measured distance from the trigger face to the front of the vertical area of the grip?
    T2-A / T2-A GAP,
    T4-A / T4-A TEAM,
    PRS1/ PRS1T
    PRS2

Thanks for any help you can offer
    I can't speak for the lengths but call manners when your get the stock ordered and they will set the inlet back farther. Learned that this weekend from Brantley

Yup give Rob @RobertB or one of his crew at Manners a call or email and they can help get it set up right for her.

I can get you a T2A and PRS2 measurment later when I get home if you want but it might vary a little based on trigger used.

I can do my CS2 at home...I think that's in line with the T2/4. I've got relatively small hands, really like the Manners. Got the CS-2 so my son and I could both run it. I run my LOP right around 12.5-12.75 inches, my son runs it all the way collapsed. Point being, don't forget to sort out her LOP...she probably won't be well served by the 13.5 inches or long than seems to be the standard.

If she thinks the bravo is ok, she should be ok with about anything. The bravo has quite reach to the trigger, no doubt catering to the way many grip their stock without wrapping the thumb.

If she thinks the bravo is ok, she should be ok with about anything. The bravo has quite reach to the trigger, no doubt catering to the way many grip their stock without wrapping the thumb.
    I have one bravo with a Timney calvin elite curved, and one with a Trigger Tech flat, they both measure 1.75" from front of the grip straight forward to the tip of the trigger. She fits this pretty well. I have a Mcmillan A5 and a Greyboe Renegade that both measure at 2.1" and she is unable to get a decent grip and still reach the trigger. These are the numbers I am wanting to compare to so I can decide if we can use an off the shelf Manners or will need to wait it out for a custom instead.

Reactions: Supersubes
    I have a PRS2. If I'd known about setting the action back a smidge, I'd had done it. It's on the verge of comfortable for me. I don't haven't giant gorilla hands. It's actually probably perfect now that I've figured out where my hand wants to be and put a tac90 flat blade on my Tacsport Pro.

I measured both my PRS2 and T2A and measured from the grip directly behind the trigger to the center of the trigger where the finger pad would rest and they both are about 1 7/8”.

I measured both my PRS2 and T2A and measured from the grip directly behind the trigger to the center of the trigger where the finger pad would rest and they both are about 1 7/8”.
    Thanks! that is exactly what I was looking for.

Small hands best solution would be to call manners and have them set up the action 1/4" back. This would bring the trigger closer to her index finger. Also measure the LOP and assume it will be shorter than whatever you measured if you will use the rifle mainly for PRS type shooting, I found the hard way on barricades

Reactions: Mrindecisive
    Also measure the LOP and assume it will be shorter than whatever you measured if you will use the rifle mainly for PRS type shooting, I found the hard way on barricades

Never found that to be the case. LOP has always been the same.

I have found that I prefer a shorter LOP whenever shooting barricades, tank traps, etc than from prone... we observed that amongst a few of the guys that shoot here. Of course it may work different for others, no doubt.